BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even with the NE wind and rain yesterday I pulled enough HERRING out of the South River to say that we are definately getting a run for this full moon.

If you want to catch them it is time to get started. I've got a full line of Keep Alive tanks and areators, Marine Metal areators, 4' cast nets, bait cages, sabiki rigs, HERRING spoons, and chemicals.

If you want to get bait the easy way I should have live and fresh HERRING in stock thru April and hopefully they will last into May.

I realize this first run is not the strongest fish and keeping them alive is usually more difficult than the runs later in April, but if things pan out I should be able to sell quantity at reasonable prices.

To all Barn Sponser Bait Shops and Charter Captains I will have wholesale prices on both fresh and live HERRING. And to all members I will have reasonable volume pricing. Pricing and supply will change with the supply and demand so please give me a call for current pricing. Delivery can also be aranged.

609-484-0409

Remember the Freshwater Fish and Wildlife has made the HERRING the poster fish for spring enforcement so if you are catching your own do yourself a favor and follow the regulations because you can be sure someone is watching to make sure you do.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Dave,
I will be fishing in a couple of tournaments in late April on the Chesapeake.
How well do the herring travel?
Will your "Marine Metal areators" work?
What size are they usually?
Let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
I agree with candyman!!

Posting the herring run may not be the smartest thing to do if you plan on trieing to get some there.That place is a mad house,and lots of ppl trash the place (coffee cups,wrappers..etc..)..I went there one day,and there were so many trucks there,you could barely get by.

If you do go there,just be careful and pick-up after yourselves.It's probaly not a barner,but you know what i mean!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts