BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hey nitwit, go fishing. Hehe couldn't resist nice name. ;)

I have not gone for herring yet, and I am leaving town for the weekend so no go for me this week. With the warmer weather settling it can't be long I HOPE!! I have heard however, that the shad are being caught and one herring was supposedly caught as a bycatch so it can't be too long!

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
There are no herring in the Big D yet. I was in Atlantic Co. today and got 4 and lost 3 on the way to the bucket. The run is still spotty down there as much as I can tell in talking to people.

Jersey Mike

·
Registered
228 Posts
if there is herring in the rancocas creek than they are in the little d, not as thick as they will be in a couple weeks however i have caught some. put some time in

·
Registered
31,673 Posts
i heard monday from a friend they got 300 in the back woods of south jersey saturday night very late in 2hrs in cast nets.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Soon as I start getting herring in Trenton

I will post , I ALSO LIVE LINE THE SAME WATERS, I WILL UPDATE WHEN IT HAPPENS

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I haven't seen them in the rancocas creek yet up by mount holly. If they are there they have me fooled. I have been trying my *** off :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
300 herring in a cast net wow thats quite a lot , they are in the creek where are you fishing on the creek

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
phish4fun said:
i heard monday from a friend they got 300 in the back woods of south jersey saturday night very late in 2hrs in cast nets.

Jeez I hope there were 8.5714285 people out there catching herrring or they were commercial guys! lol That is one awesome night. I just got in from work. At 2:30 am gonna head out for herring at 5am I think

Jersey Mike

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Been catching river Herring since March 8th.....while everyone was just sitting around asking about them I was out every time i could looking for them....It has been hit or miss...just get out and look...you might find yourself alone in a spot and all the Herring you want.....

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Did not go on Thurs morning I was playing alarm lock tag and missed the tide. I'm gonna go out Fri morning but unless its a strong showing I don't expect to many. I'm doing it the hard way....Sabiki no dip net yet buy will be making one this wknd.

Jersey Mike

·
Registered
31,673 Posts
TheGeneral said:
Is that amount of herring caught legal?????????:confused: :confused: I thought you can only catch 35/day/per person!! Haig
:rolleyes: ..............................

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Even with a commercial bait net lisence in tidal waters, with a cast net the limit is 35 per person per day, tidal waters means anywhere a freshwater lisence is not required. Not that the tide simply goes up and down.

In freshwater it is also 35 per person per day and no fish caught in fresh waters may be sold.

I think the General knows the rules !

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Guatemala Dave said:
Even with a commercial bait net lisence in tidal waters, with a cast net the limit is 35 per person per day, tidal waters means anywhere a freshwater lisence is not required. Not that the tide simply goes up and down.

In freshwater it is also 35 per person per day and no fish caught in fresh waters may be sold.

I think the General knows the rules !
Yes I Do, Dave:) . THAT"S MY POINT:mad: . Give them all a BIG FINE:eek: :mad: , see if they catch more than thier limit next time. Haig

·
Registered
31,673 Posts
Thats Why They Went While Most Were Sleeping I Supose. I Dont Know Them .a Mutaul Friend Does.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Huh

phish4fun said:
:rolleyes: ..............................
Why would you even post that?You know it would start a war,:rolleyes: A simple yes report would have been fine,LOL;) Nothin like rattin out your buds,HRL

1 - 20 of 29 Posts