BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's getting to be a ritual, so we went STRIPER fishing Sunday with my partner's kids.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
David wasn't feeling well, and after a few sharks he laid down and turned a little green. But like a good fisherman he sprang into action when the big hit occured.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unlike other fish stories told around our club, this one was 30 pounds, on the scale.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
His poor sister stayed home to go out with Mom to breakfast....I knew somebody was going to cry! Here she was the weekend before....

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Great job Re-bait and an awesome story told by the pics. How about some helpful information starting with a very general location, water & weather conditions, bait used, tide etc. This type of information helps out everyone, thanks and again good job.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Originally posted by THECHUMSTAIN:

Rod"beggin"Dad one skunk now your down to beggin for info.
Got that righ John, gotta nip it in the bud :D .

Actually, showing off bueatiful pictures (especially when kids are invloved) and passing along some helpful info is a great one two punch, everyone benfits and its keeps this site going.

Now ain't you got somebody to save or something ;)

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Joe, your shameless promotion of TBB is commendable. I didn't see it as beggin at all. Just trying to keep things going ;)

What the heck are you doing posting on a Tuesday? New schedule I see LOL. Breezy here this Am.

Re-bait, the pictures of the kids are GREAT! love the Jr. Size Grundens, guess they don't make them in pink for the kids eh? Can't wait to get my boy into that action. Year or two more and we'll be ready.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FYI Weekend warriors total: 6 fish over 40" :D

Area Fished: LBI

Species saught: Striped Bass

Bait of Choice: BUNKER

Some would rather give you their ATM card and the PIN before divuluging everthing ;)Besides that, ask me no questions....I'll tell you no lies!

Just kidding :rolleyes: of course,and if you really want more info email me!

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
ReBait, we are not looking for your specific location. It's just benefits some if you share valuable information like water temp, clarity, tidal stage, time of day, sky conditions, depth of water, wind direction, that kind of stuff is great information and tells us a lot. It's great to share pictures as well but giving a little back to the community like sharing the info mentioned above without naming specific spots is all we ask, thanks bro and again good job.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by RodFather:
..... How about some helpful information starting with a very general location, water & weather conditions, bait used, tide etc.. ... we are not looking for your specific location. It's just benefits some if you share valuable information like water temp, clarity, tidal stage, time of day, sky conditions, depth of water, wind direction, that kind of stuff is great information and tells us a lot. It's great to share pictures as well but giving a little back to the community like sharing the info mentioned above without naming specific spots is all we ask
I give plenty just by posting these ptctures, and I take heat sometimes for doing so.Either I've given too much info, or not enough. More than half of what you ask is there to see, you can see my rigs, my bait, the water clarity, the location, general time of day, depth, sky conditions...and if you check the date of my run, fathers day, you know the water temp and wind direction.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Great pics,sorry to hear about your partner's son getting a little green,here's my question. I took my 8 yr old son out last year and he got sick, now there's no way I can get him on a boat,and every year I charter in LBI while on vacation,but he says no way.I know the first time he catches anything he'll be hooked.Any tips

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Originally posted by Re-Bait:
I give plenty just by posting these ptctures, and I take heat sometimes for doing so.Either I've given too much info, or not enough. More than half of what you ask is there to see, you can see my rigs, my bait, the water clarity, the location, general time of day, depth, sky conditions...and if you check the date of my run, fathers day, you know the water temp and wind direction. [/qb]
No problem cooms, just a suggestion, do as you please...

Hopefully others understand.

[ 06-23-2004, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: RodFather ]

·
Registered
11,236 Posts
Originally posted by Robbo65:
Great pics,sorry to hear about your partner's son getting a little green,here's my question. I took my 8 yr old son out last year and he got sick, now there's no way I can get him on a boat,and every year I charter in LBI while on vacation,but he says no way.I know the first time he catches anything he'll be hooked.Any tips
Start him out again on a small boat in close to the beach or back waters and work your way out. My son was a trooper then got sick on a shark trip and a striper trip in the rips because he wouldn't stay out of the cabin. I took a couple rides and got chewable sea sick stuff and so far so good. We are venturing off soon out of the sight of land again but he is nervous. Thats what gets them, nerves befoee the belly acts up.

If you are ever down in my neck of the woods and I have my son with me we can take him for a ride a few times with no sickness and he's ready to go again.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts