BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ray I don't know if you remember, but last year we met on the water out front. I had just caught a 7 pound weakie and after talking to you I threw you one of my plastic's. You do have a scout bay boat right? I was in a alumacraft. I wish I could give a report from Thursday but when I got to Breezy Lee 2 things stopped me from fishing. The stiff 30 from the sw and they close the ramp at 4:30pm because of the congested boat yard. The guy offered to let me keep my boat in the water overnight but had to work on Friday. It is shame that NJ has hundreds of miles of back bays to fish and no way to launch a boat to fish them.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Yes, Bill I remember you. I watched you catch fish after fish. You are right. The state wanted to put a boat ramp in Cape May years back but all the marinas moaned and groaned that it would take money out of their pockets. As soon as it was knocked down they all started getting rid of their ramps. New Jersey has to be one of the worst states for any kind of access. That is why I keep my boat in a slip. But my marina just got rid of their ramp so everytime I want to trailer someplace, I have to go through a big hassle to pull it and put it back.

Weakies should be hitting anyday. Hope to see you out there fishing. kThat area is one of my favorite spots. Found that a heavy sinking line with a pink jiggie will do the trick with a fly rod. Good Luck and welcome to the barn.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a good spot, I have been fishing it for about 20 years. Last year I caught my biggest bass on a fly there 41 1/2"s at 29lbs. I did call Breezy Lee and they told me that Thursdays are the only day that he locks the ramp. I went to Maptech and looked at the public ramp in N.Wildwood and it looks pretty fishy. I was wondering if you fish up by Herefords at all. I can only fish out front on very limited days in my boat and to tell you the truth I kind of enjoy catching back bay fish more. There is just something about taking a bass or trout that is working on top with one of your own made gadgets. If I see you out on the water next time I will throw you one of my poppers that everything that I have thrown them at has eaten them including refish in LA. O yeh check my clubs web site and you will see my son holding a crappie at one of our outings this spring. www.sjflyfishers.org

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Bill, nice picture of you and your son. That is what fishing is about. I get up to herefords once in awhile, but mostly fish the Cape May end. I find I can find good fishing within 2 miles of the marina, whatever direction I go. Since I mostly fish at night or early morning, it makes traveling on the water simple. I am sure I put more hours on my electric motor than my outboard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts