BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If memory serves me right, you're big on fishing sliders. I got a question for you. How are you fishing them? I fished them for the first time today, much like I fish a texas rig. No dice on any hits, so I'm wondering if I was doing something wrong, or if (like I'm tending to think) there just wasn't any action to be had at the lake I was fishing. Didn't see anybody doing any good.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Sliders

Cliff I too am a big advocate of Sliders.You really gotta look at the name and do just that Slide them along.With a texas rig its kinda awkward.I use the 1/16 or 1/8 Slider Spider Head.If I am fishing tournaments I use the Pro Slider Heads they have a heavier hook.Bite for bite I believe the original thin wire hook style gets more bites.Test out a few heads you'll find one you like.80% of my hits usually come on the fall with this rig,it kinda just glides and slides on down ,One tip that i do everytiome I get a new head is i always bend the hook up a little to open it up,,HRL:)

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I also love sliders, i fish them several ways
1) slide it along
2) shake it
3)bounce it like a texas rig

expiriment and let the fish tell you what they want

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Mr. ClifR, Like Mr. Chunka stated, I also use the slider spider head in 1/16 oz. tried the Pro head not a real big fan, any way, I like to hop it off the bottom, I keep action on it by shakeing the rod tip, so its like hop and shake, I dont move it very far with each hop, matter of fact I like to move the worm by just lifting the rod tip, than I take up the slack on the way to my original position. Its a slow way of fishing but very effective, I've been known to put people to sleep, thats how slow I fish. Hope this helps my friend.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shamoo said:
Mr. ClifR, Like Mr. Chunka stated, I also use the slider spider head in 1/16 oz. tried the Pro head not a real big fan, any way, I like to hop it off the bottom, I keep action on it by shakeing the rod tip, so its like hop and shake, I dont move it very far with each hop, matter of fact I like to move the worm by just lifting the rod tip, than I take up the slack on the way to my original position. Its a slow way of fishing but very effective, I've been known to put people to sleep, thats how slow I fish. Hope this helps my friend.
Yeah, that's kind of what I thought. That's the way I fish a texas rig. I've always felt slow is better. I was just having trouble with the slider jig I was using. The head kept hanging up on the bottom.

Thanks, fellas.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i use sliders to. it's a great bait because everything hits it. it keeps you on your toes. watermellon pepper is probably my favorite,also on sunny days the motor oil firetail(orange tail) also works great.i don't think you can retrieve them wrong unless you reel too fast.swimmin , jigging, sloew crawl all work. charlie brewer has a soft back book that has alot of different methods in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts