BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cool:
After a late Start.......(so sorry Capt Lew)

Capt Lew and I hit the lower bay today for some flatties. After a zillion skates we managed a throwback and two keepers around 17". Not quite the day we were looking for. Water was pretty muddy and temped out around 68-72 degrees.

We were moving weird with the strong current going out and the breeze pushing in. Made a move to 14B and couldn't even find a skate.

Good luck in the ocean tomorrow Lew. We did see a strange sight- saw a pelicun working the southern waters today.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Gunns,sorry you and Lew didn't fair better. I'm assuming you fished the outgoing and you were lucky to catch anything at all if that was the case. All the runoff mud is still filtering down the bay. Better times are in store. Goodluck out front Lew.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Partnership said:
:cool:
After a late Start.......(so sorry Capt Lew)

Capt Lew and I hit the lower bay today for some flatties. After a zillion skates we managed a throwback and two keepers around 17". Not quite the day we were looking for. Water was pretty muddy and temped out around 68-72 degrees.

We were moving weird with the strong current going out and the breeze pushing in. Made a move to 14B and couldn't even find a skate.

Good luck in the ocean tomorrow Lew. We did see a strange sight- saw a pelicun working the southern waters today.
We found a pelican sitting on #19. Lots of blues and a few croakers. 2 short fluke.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Tommy and Lew, if you guy's don't catch them, They aren't there. :eek: Im going up the bay Friday on wander's boat...:D Hope we can get out next week,:p take care, Johnny D.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It sounds like you gave it your normal supreme effort Tom so I guess the conditions were just not suitable. Glad to hear you saw a pelican. They are my favorite bird. We saw flocks of them working bait fish in Costa Rica and I could have watched them for hours.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Tommy,
Tough fishin in the dead sea, but my summer flattie total is 6 throw backs in 2 ocean trips, so your ahead of me. Summer fishin just gets worse every yr, hoping august can provide a few big flatties at the CM reef, but not holding my breath.
Thank God I had my best spring striper catch this yr, to carry me over till fall, or I'd be selling the boat now!
First post in this new format so just getting use to this new look.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Harry- 2 fish @ about $50 each.........ahhhh can't look at it that way.

Richie- heard you were out last week at the Reef. Maybe you ought to try your "goto spot" in the bay on the incoming tide. Time for tuner.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Hey Tom, No problem with the late time, ;) S*** Happens.:D It's always a good day fishing with you, no matter what's in the box.;)

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Partnership said:
Harry- 2 fish @ about $50 each.........ahhhh can't look at it that way.

Richie- heard you were out last week at the Reef. Maybe you ought to try your "goto spot" in the bay on the incoming tide. Time for tuner.
as always Bro. Nice effort ! next time will be your time im sure,Good hearing from ya,Just opened your email and wrote back ...

Tuna Time it is !!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts