BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hit the Nox for the weekend (Muskie pic)

To celebrate my son's 10th birthday I rented a cabin in Nockamixon State Park so he could enjoy his new Kayak. I was responsible for my 2 boys 4 and 10 years old, and 4 nephews 6 to 12 years old. We got on the water Saturday and Sunday in 3 kayaks and my 14 footer. I knew fishing was going to be a challenge with all the youngsters so, I didn't anticipate seeing any fish. I only got a handful of casts in and boy were they worth it! We landed a nice bass on Saturday night and a Muskie on Sunday while half heartily trolling.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice job! Bet the kids were all sorts of stoked!
They have a false sense of fishing after this weekend! Now they think you can catch big fish with almost every cast. This was my first Muskie and close to PB Bass which made the weekend even more memorable. I am really excited that the Muskie appears to be a non-hybrid as well!

·
Registered
378 Posts
The look on their faces says it all! Congrats on the catch!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The look on their faces says it all! Congrats on the catch!
Thanks...it was an epic adventure. Their reactions were even better! Some never stepped foot on a boat before this weekend which is crazy. My one nephews birthday is next week and all he wants to do now is go fishing with me.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I can't tell since I was more concerned with a quick release. But the pictures looks more like a barred muskie to me than a tiger. I am open to hearing what others think since it is my first muskie ever and would like to tell the story accurately.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like a juvenile barred Muskie to me. The tail looks more pointed then round like the tiger.
That is what my thoughts are. I read that some regular muskie were stocked either last year or the year before so I know it is possible but still not 100% confident it wasn't a tiger.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nothing like camping trips to keep the youngens interested in fishing. Way to put on a show:bow:
Thanks. Nockamixon was very affordable, clean an wife friendly. I would encourage anyone to rent there during the non peak season. Fishing pressure is heavy but plenty of spots to spread out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts