BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Pennypack

I fished the Pennypack when I was a kid. Behind Lincoln HS just north of the old park guard station. The section I fished was called the bend. The Sandyford Run would connect there. The last fish I caught there was a rock bass (panfish). How is the fishing from your past trips? I'm not going to fish there. Just wondering how far it improved. Are the Falls still down by Rawn Ave? That stopped alot of fish migration.

Carl Kogel

·
Registered
68 Posts
fished there yesterday

Was so nice i had to get outside. I was using yellow power bait. fished by Veree rd. and got nothing for an hour straight. Then moved up towards Larmer Park and after 15 mins got first nice run. After he hit,I then opened bail-- i let out about 20 yards, then i set the hook :) and lost him on the way in.:( I stayed for about two hours more and had no action! I was happy to get that one fun trout run and feeling the sun.:D:wave:

Good Luck!

·
Registered
506 Posts
dont open the bail next time, just set the hook hard and reel it in, always wana keep pressure on the line with trout, they are the best at finding ways off your hook.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I use to fish down by Krewston. Now I belong to a Bass club out of South Jersey, I don't do any fishing here in PA. Maybe this year I'll get my license for Pa and do some trout fishing.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Gjet72

Stony creek is a great place. Did you see they tore down the big dam? Wonder if there will be a tournament this spring?

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was so nice i had to get outside. I was using yellow power bait. fished by Veree rd. and got nothing for an hour straight. Then moved up towards Larmer Park and after 15 mins got first nice run. After he hit,I then opened bail-- i let out about 20 yards, then i set the hook :) and lost him on the way in.:( I stayed for about two hours more and had no action! I was happy to get that one fun trout run and feeling the sun.:D:wave:

Good Luck!
i was around that area.. rd is named after a tree :)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I wanna hit pa so bad but the out of state season license is like 53 bucks, what a joke. Gonna get a deleware license for 20 and hit brandywine for smallies and trout :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts