BASS BARN banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Thanks to all that came out to make the 2nd beach at Holgate a success we did it again gang the Forsythe Wild life Manager Miss. Vingina said thanks to all if you know people that came pass this on to them

Paul Harris

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I had an informative and enlightening discussion with one of the Sr NJBBA members yesterday, people.
For all those who are reading this, it is good to have fishermen from all walks of life involved in these cleanups.
They may seem to benefit only the surf or beach fishermen.

However, in the long run, if you think about it....they benefit all who fish the salt...all along the coast....When folks who live in an area start to think poorly of fishermen, in my experience that leads to a downward communications decline that can eventually lead to loss of access via parking restrictions, fishing time restrictions, or other sneaky ways (safety of an area in question, thus off-limits to fishermen)...that our access can be restricted......

So although I think all who participate should be recognized and thanked.....the underlying force in many cleanups like this can be an individual or club...In this case, I would like the folks reading this, who may not know.... of.all the work a group like the NJBBA does for fishermen behind the scenes.....and the time and effort they put into fighting for fishermen access and rights on a regular basis.......

There are many of us who are busy in our lives...that's understandable.....but when the time comes to stand up and support an issue, it is often the unsung members of groups like the NJBBA (and others) who are fighting in the trenches, making pests of themselves, asserting and calling for the rights for all of us.......and spending money from their treasury when discussions break down and lawsuits may need to be filed....

When you have a second, take a moment to look at their site.....
And perhaps look at all they do....for the kids as well.....
www.njbba.org

If you can spare some extra dollars for the programs they run, maybe you might think about sending it to them. They do a great job fighting for fishermen, helping kids, and helping disadvantaged people & Vets enjoy the outdoors. :thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts