BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just love the finish on these lures.Check them out.

Gags Grabbers / Mr Bunker
5" Popper 1 1/2oz. Floater/Rattler
4" Sinker 1 1/4oz w/Rattle

BOMBER A-Salt's
1oz. 5 3/4"
Baby Bluefish
Baby Bunker
Silver Herring

[ 04-04-2005, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
The finish is nice, however, it does scratch off kinda easily...specially when those yellow eyed toothy demons show up :D ...As soon as I get them outta the box I pour some "hard as nails" clear nail polish on and brush it all over the body of the lure leaving it kinda thick...dries rock hard and defiantly prolongs the life of the finish...Works good on all those holographic style lures, (the finish wears off on all of them)...ie..megabaits, tsunamis, yozuri....

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great tip there Josh, Thanks,,,

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
NightStrikes, I just picked up both sizes of the Mr. Bunker lure. I luv the Bomber A-Salts. I've had good success with the new school bus pattern A-Salt. Its become my go to lure. Even the Blue fish like that one, they tend to keep some of the lure though.

Josh, good tip. I still have a lot to learn.

·
Registered
782 Posts
They certainly are sweet. I see we share the same "I have to have that" tackle problem. :D Is that Gags 5" from their schoolie popper line?

It blows my mind when you look an antique plugs and old timers talk about killing them in the day. Then you look at these new lures and they are worlds apart. I often wonder if the fish have changed or just us. :confused:

Josh, good tip.

Good post, thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
The first thing I do when I get a new lure is make sure all eyelets are free of excess finish, plastic etc. so as there is no binding of hooks or split rings. The second thing I do is take a scotch pad and dull up that pretty new finish.

I don't think I am ready for the new technology!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by sunnydaze:
They certainly are sweet. I see we share the same "I have to have that" tackle problem. :D Is that Gags 5" from their schoolie popper line?

I believe it is sunnydaze, just had to get it ;)
I am just about done shopping and now its time to
put these new fancy lures to the test...

·
Registered
226 Posts
I used the 5 inch popper on top with success for stripers. Used the Mr bunker last year when peanuts were tight to the beach but did not hook up.. i had better luck with a small snag rig for the peanuts.. looks and feels nice in the water though but i guess there was too many peanuts in the water to choose from.. im sure i will have some success this fall with them though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.