BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
53 1/4" with a 33 1/2 girth weight unknown, u tell me , sucks not knowing but oh well. :) Made a move south, and in to avoid storm debris, it paid off for me and my son, on a Saturday. 12 fish all over 36" and fat, 5 fish over 44".
Sunday- only 3 fish, but still fat.
This weekend- Saturday- 4 fish Biggest 38", fish spawning everywhere on surface.
Sunday- 20 fish, of which 2 were 38", 2 were 44", 2 were spawned out. most fish between 28-36". Seem to be getting smaller
Fish Fishing Fish Recreational fishing Bass Fish Fishing Fish Recreational fishing Bass Fish Fish Fishing Bass Striper bass Fish Fish Fishing Bass Striper bass Fish Fish Barramundi

·
Registered
239 Posts
DAMN…… send them a little north to L.B.I……….. Gonna break open any day now…. Nice report capt….YELLOWTALE:)

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Lol so much for those who called your last big a fish of a lifetime. You are like a cat with multiple lives!

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
Lol so much for those who called your last big a fish of a lifetime. You are like a cat with multiple lives!
I was one of those people that called their first fish "a fish of a lifetime" and then they go ahead and do it again! :eek:
Congrats guys and keep posting the pics of your monsters, obviously you are doing something right. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks,if we all let 40#ers go more 50#ers would be around. Rather catch and release, then bait and wait....

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
That's a really big fish. Last time I was going to suggest you cut up a burlap or plastic potato sack....and use that to cradle hang the fish on your scale. Seeing lightning does strike twice in same spot...maybe you'll get a weight next time?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Chip off the block! I sent you a pm and text . The number I texted May have been your dads. I can't remember. Trop

·
Registered
2,292 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
nice fish u got a honey whole your working looks like the fish are still hanging in there so i hot a fourty outta surf today an couple shorts but will give a try tommorow great shot on that release gotta have that on the big girls, nice job

·
Registered
716 Posts
thanks,if we all let 40#ers go more 50#ers would be around. Rather catch and release, then bait and wait....
Amen to that, If I remember the age charts correctly it takes about 10 years to grow a 20# bass,and 14 yrs to get to 30# bass. Yet if you give that 30# just a few more years she can top that 50# mark. Too bad so many just cant resist keeping the biggest fish they catch. I would love to see some sort of protection for the 30s and 40s.
What a fantastic fishery we would have in just a few years.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts