BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out on the raritan bay yesterday with a friend of mine... first time for stripers in the new boat. Got out there around 7am (last hour of incoming) and started chumming clams. Within minutes a rod went off and we pulled in a 22". We kept catching all day but lost count within the first two hours... the only time we didn't catch was slack tide. Other boats anchored up around us but didn't have the luck we were having. The wind picked up pretty bad around noon but we stayed out anyway.... and kept catching. At 3pm we decided to start counting again before we headed in... 28 from 3pm to 4pm. We used about 3/4 of a bushel of clams and estimate we caught over 100 fish... nothing bigger than 30" but man, what a hell of a day. It was a long day and I'm dead tired and a litte sun burned, but what can I say, I have a problem leaving biting fish. :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Boy I don't know if I can stop as long as the fish are biting...I probably could go on forever!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, you know its a good day when your buddy looks at you and says, "this is weird... we haven't had a bite in about 10 minutes." It was definately one for the books. :D

By the way, saw one school of bunker getting hammered by the birds.

[ 04-14-2006, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: aftermath ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts