BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone gave me this last season and I was thinking of making another slightly larger and heavier one.

Anyone else done this?? if so post pictures or give me a few ideas.

This thing swims great.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
My dad made 2 for me. They get hit enough that we are thinking of putting hooks in them this year. We once had a White Marlin follow one for 2 miles before we could bait and switch him. I also had them hit and nocked into the cockpit. Mine are skinny and longer but if it swims good give it a shot.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
I made a couple of fender teasers. They run well but I'm not sure how helpful they are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This seems very interesting and it makes sense. They say if you have one Mahi on, you should keep it in the water until another hits a second line.

So I guess this is is a large (24"?) wooden fish with a weight on the bottom and is trolled under your trolling gear?

Is it only good for Mahi or does it make other fish interested?

I might need to make one and give it a try this year...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Fender Teasers

This one looks interesting...

My fender teaser had a 2 lb weight on the nose and a flashaboo tail. It was great for bluefins and fat alberts. The nylon rope came undone in bad seas on the Hambone last June. I hope the new owner likes it.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got bored the other day and made this one. Costed me around $10. Still have to rig it up, might put a hook off the back and a swivel on the tag end of the tow line. If it get's bit I'll hook it up to a 50.

No, I didn't go to art school. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.