BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
bike sold

Selling my 1981 CB900c. bike is clean,clean ,clean.30,175 miles .just put new tires on it .(couple weeks ago)
last year installed a removable windscreen
carbs just seviced at dealership (didn't want any problems with the new type of fuel.)
engine oil and shaft drive fluid seviced at dealership at start of summer.

I"m the third owner of the bike .first owner had all work done at the dealership .second owner puchased the bike from dealership after it was traded in .he had dealer replace the cam chain tentioner (I think thats what it's called )down in the bottom of the motor .while the motor was out they did $800.oo dollars worth of work just because the engine was apart and things could be reached.
this bike is equipped with a duel range transmission .five gears high range or you can shift it into low and run .in low it realy gets it for a old heavy bike :D .
it's also shaft drive !
shocks are air and adjustable with a compressor
I also have a adjustable rack and back rest combo I bought and never put on the bike it needs to be redone crome and the pad .
also have a set of old leather saddle bags that need the leather lase that holds them together replaced.
Reason for selling it is my back and hands and wrists just won't let me ride any distance without hurting:( .and I can't stand seeing it sit in the shed collecting dust ...$2,400.oo

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blowfishct no thanks on the trade I hurt bad enough on a street bike I think a quad would kill me .
Jimbo I just sent you a email I live in Cape May Court House just off the parkway .609-463-9098-or cell-609-780-5265.

·
Registered
359 Posts
If you would take 2K for the bike I think my brother might want it. I sent him the link to this page because he is looking for a bike and he asked me to write back and ask you about the 2K price. Let me know.....Thanx.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Houndog have your brother give me a call and we can talk price .
609-463-9098
or cell-609-780-5265

·
Registered
11,932 Posts
I offer 'ONE DOLLAR'!

Hey y'all. I went down and met Ed and rode the bike. Great deal for someone looking for this type. I'm looking for a 'trainer' for my son but this is a little more than I want for him right now.

The bike is in like new condition. Brand new tires, good paint, etc. A great buy for someone. Even if it is a Honda! :) Jump on this if you want a good deal.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jimbo thanks for the bump.I've got to run down to the auto parts and pick up a bag off oil dry .you realy should consider putting a diaper on that thing when you park it..:D :D

·
Registered
11,932 Posts
Sorry Ed. I use cheap cat litter! Made by Harley of course! At least I stayed in the street! Give me credit for having some 'class'!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
all in fun man all in fun Credit given, it is a nice bike ,.......but you should try those oil absorbing pads they'll fit in your saddle bag and don't leave a mess behind :D :D

hey jim I saw your post on the sharking if it's your first time you should try targeting browns you can stay inshore and if you can find some croakers all you'll need is some drum fishing gear with steel leaders and live line the croakers it's a blast ...good luck

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bike Is Sold
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts