BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick post ,That will be followed up with more details,To get those juices flowing for this weekend !!

captain Mark aboard the Hooked Up 1 had a banner day for his charter !on a day Troll Today

They went 13-20 on YFt 25-50#, 1 White marlin release,and 4 dolphin ..

The group decided that 7 Tuna where enough for the table ..Congrats to Them for the releases and catch !!

all the fish were caught in Our local canyon,The best bite came along the 100 fathom line ...

way to Go Mark and crew !! Looking forward to full details and Pics ,Vinny

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Congrats! This guy catches fish!

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Updated report on HOOKED UP II

Acutally raised three whites today along with the fine catch of Yellowfins with Mrs and Mrs Mark Jorgenson from the diary state first ever offshore trip. They found out first hand that saltwater fish pull quite a bit harder than the what swims in the Lake Michigan. We have no pictures of today's catch but the best of it was on Canyon Runner spreader bars and small ballyhoo rigged on various shirts. Capt Mark does not have access to a computer this evening so he cannot post any information as he is taking the new HOOKED UP II back down to the builder in Deltaville, VA to have some additional work down on the new boat. Best bite was early am north along the 100 fathom line and it was over as soon as the fleet arrived at about 8:30 am or so. The whites were caught north of the notch of the Wilmington up towards the Spencer. After the fleet arrived Capt Mark moved away from the 100 fathom line and found tuna inside the Spencer in 50-60 fathoms. Hope this helps but from the information I received tonight there was not much of a bite anywhere out there today and the crew of the HOOKED UP II did a great job putting our charter on a mixed bag of fish and a day the Jorgenson's will remember. I will be running the HOOKED UP I leaving at 2:00 am and going back to the area where the fish were caught today.
Capt John Sowerby/Owner HOOKED UP I and HOOKED UP II

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry Guy's ,Im glad Captain John came back to you on the location,when i posted the report i dint have actual location,and had to go down to The Boat and start rigging and getting ready for our trip leaving at 1:30 A.M,Thats when i got a chance to Talk to Mark personally and found out the locations he worked
I didnt get back till 10:30 and went right to bed,to get a few hrs. of shut eye ......Hope all did well Thanks,Vinny

·
Registered
543 Posts
Tried to get out early same day but delayed start waiting for fog to clear some. Did get marlin along 500 line north of Wilmington. Rest of fishing was slow on tuna but quite a few report of marlin raised, missed, caught, released. Stayed overnight in Wilmington and into Saturday. Nice nite but you were dead on, slow fishing for tuna in Wilmington. Heard better reports from Spencer but also seemed to be early bite before too much traffic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts