BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for help in finding a horse for my Daughter. I would like to stay below $2,000 and it has to be trained. I am presently awaiting the word on (2) horses that I was going to get but they have not gotten back to me. If anyone has any contacts that might be able to help me out...I would appreciate it...again..this is if the person with the (2) horses does not get back to me. Thanks alot fellow Barners!

Streetman

P.S. I still have a 14' C/C for sale! If interested please email me for pics.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Street man I have a great hook up on horses. Where do you live and what kind of horse are you looking for. Theroughbred, quarter, paint ect.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I KNOW A HORSE FOR SALE, WE CALL HIM 240 AND EATS LIKE YOU WOULDNT BELIEVE, DOES PRETTY GOOD CONSTRUCTION WORK THOUGH.

·
Registered
392 Posts
STREETMAN
:D TRY HARKERS AUCTION ON RT 206 IN TABERNACLE NJ
I KNOW THEY AUCTION LIVE ANIMALS INCLUDING HORSES
YOU WILL HAVE TO CALL INFO FOR THE NUMBER I DONT KNOW IT OFF HAND
JBAUER
HYBRID JOE

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Streetman,
My X has over 15 horses in Stow Creek. I will call her on tuesday.
Do you have a preference of paint or quarter?

How old is your daughter?

Lastly, you might want to check with the 4H office, 451-2800 They might be able to give you some more RELIABLE places to look.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
yap harker's but you better know your ponys i think it's mon or tuse nites staurday is small live stock and genral stuff,i've gottn good and bad live stock there .

from what i understand most of the time it's the rider not the horse...rider skills makes a big differents.but please understand the only ones i ever ride are the ones you put the quarter in don't see many around much any more :D

checo's in vineland and like asked before what kind of rideing u looking to do. barrles,team penning/ english ? or just a grass eater ? :D

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies fellow Barners! My Daughter is 13 and she rides English/Western...and trails...as far as a type of horse...one that is well broke!

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
There are reasons why some horses are sold cheaply. Be careful. If you don't know horses well, bring her instructor and a vet with you. Trust them, not your 13 year old kid. You wouldn't let her pick a used car, would you? Your $2000 horse may cost much more in the long run.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Streetman, Try contacting Ron Levesque @ EPONA....Close friend & great orginazation...Sure to set you up.... Just tell ron that roger refered you.... Nothing in it for me. It is a personal -horse rescue league- Good Luck. & plz let me know if this worked for you altho, ron might say some th ing..

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Becareful at herkers. Alot of those hroses are injured or nuts and are shot up so to not show their faults. I have seen it many times at horse shows.

Chico's in vineland is not bad, but all places have their little quirks and will do just about anything to get rid of a carppy horse

I am assuming your daughter has riden for a while? if not, look at renting a horse for a while at a local farm and make sure she likes it. a good horse is likely gonna be as much as a good skiff, then when you add the tack, that costs more than a few st. croix rods.

Hope you find what you are looking for. I will let you know what my Ex says when I talk to her tomorrow.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Streetman, by all means take the advice of Over The Rail. After being in the quarter horse business for over 25 years, I learned one thing for sure. You are buying the mind, not the color or breed. Pretty is as pretty does. Great hobby for your daughter. No longer have horses. Believe it or not, I went to a cheaper past time. 23' Parker Sport Cabin. Good Luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts