BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cow bites off PV is hot now.
Cow bites started from early Jan and and it becomes hotter.
You take 15 days or longer trips out of San Diego to encounter such a hot cow bites, but it is possible to catch them on 2 - 3 days trips out of PV.
If hot cow bites continue to April, I might switch my Socorro Island charter to local trip. :)

here is pictures of Capt Danny Osuna's recent two days trip on his 5' Blackfin.

The Maximus came home yesterday after 2.5 days trip. It looks cow bites are still hot.

--------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
Kil,

How long will this cow run last do you think?

How many guys required to charter maximus?

What airport is closest?

Tight Lines,

Frank

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kil,

How long will this cow run last do you think?

How many guys required to charter maximus?

What airport is closest?

Tight Lines,

Frank
Each year is different.

The max is 10 fishermen if you like to charter, but I prefer to fish 6 - 8 fishermen on the boat. There are no dates available for charter until the end of March. When I asked dates in mid-late Feb, he said he had to ask his wife because they have family vacation during that time.

The other option is to charter Danny Osuna's 35' Blackfin with four fishermen.
He charges $4,000 for 2.5 days trip. It is about $1,000 per person based on four fishermen.

You fly to Puerto Vallarta and Capt Keith will pick you up.

----------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com

·
Registered
352 Posts
I talked to Capt. Josh back in December about when the best time would be to come down this winter, and he said end of january-beginning of february..He must have some kind of sixth sence when it comes to predicting when the cows show up down there...

Cause were leaving out of punta de mita next wednesday morning on a double overnighter out to the islands on his 35' cabo.. and then a day of inshore fishing! Cant wait to get to COW TOWN!!

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
Chum,

What is J.T. getting for a double overnighter on the 35' Cabo?

Tight Lines,

Frank

I talked to Capt. Josh back in December about when the best time would be to come down this winter, and he said end of january-beginning of february..He must have some kind of sixth sence when it comes to predicting when the cows show up down there...

Cause were leaving out of punta de mita next wednesday morning on a double overnighter out to the islands on his 35' cabo.. and then a day of inshore fishing! Cant wait to get to COW TOWN!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts