BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been out in about two weeks so I headed out this morning thinking that I would be back into the slip by 10 to beat the heat. Set the anchor at about 6:00 and began fishing the last couple of hours of the outgoing. Water temp at 84.5 in 10' of murky water. Landed some nice size weakfish up to 19" with some throwbacks and small croakers mixed in. Tide slowed down and so did the fishing except the shark fest. Decided to head out near 19 buoy for some flounder. Water temp registering 82.5 on the fishfinder and clear. Picked up 4 with the biggest going 20". Lost a good 25" at the boat while I was reaching for the net (insert curse word):( Picked up 8 big croakers here also. Tide started to pick up and I headed back to the weakfish spot. Reached my limit on the weakfish between sharks and small croakers. Around 11:30 and it's just too damn hot to fish any longer especially with the flys biting my legs. All in all not a bad day in the BLISTERING HEAT:) BTW guys, I saw a few logs floating on surface. No telling what is water logged below the surface. Be careful:eek:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Congrats on the weakies...What were you using for rigs/bait for them ?? Just like to know casue it seems they are super fickle anymore if/when they're around?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was using top and bottom rig Ryan. Nothing special. Fishing for weakfish, you have to keep the bait moving. I generally jig one rod and leave another one in the rod holder. you'll lose more fish when fishing with more than two rods when you're by yourself... go get hem guys. I'll be fishing after work from now on with this heat wave.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Thanks for the report. It is good to hear someone caught some weakfish. I hope to hunt down some weakfish myself real soon. I am waiting for this heat wave to break.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Way to Go!

:) Hey Calvin, I believe this is you...I haven't been on the water for a few. Was a guest last week on a tuna trip we got a 113 lb Blue Fin, I saw Bodacious way out there 40 something miles off Cape May...Hope to see you soon. You got to take me with you some time so you don't lose those big fluke. 856-753-1517.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts