BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hounda 225 question. I am not get any water out my tell tail hole. Is there an easy fix?

When I hook up fresh water to the intake. No water comes out with motor running. Hooked up to the flush hose still no water out the tell tail hole. Tryed putting a small pice of wire in the hole. To clean out the end still no water.

Flush hose will cool down the heads. When it's hooked up to the intake heads get hot. So flow is stopped some where.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. I have no flow out the tell tail hole.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did not let it over heat. When it got to hot to keep my hand on it I shout it off and cooled it down.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Chaz, Be careful sticking a small piece of wire in that 225 Flush out port hole.Take a piece of plastic or coffee stirer and insert it to clean the stuff that might have hardened over the winter. I use to use the wire until some one told me about the plastic thing.
If the motor is running and no water is comming out of the Flush out port or center of the prop consider the pump or impellar.
If you have the ear muffs on and water is comming out the prop and lower unit holes(two )then look at that flush port again and clean.
Hope this helps to some degree.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Hounda 225 question. I am not get any water out my tell tail hole. Is there an easy fix?

When I hook up fresh water to the intake. No water comes out with motor running. Hooked up to the flush hose still no water out the tell tail hole. Tryed putting a small pice of wire in the hole. To clean out the end still no water.

Flush hose will cool down the heads. When it's hooked up to the intake heads get hot. So flow is stopped some where.
Hondas are not my forte, but if they have a hose running from the block to the pisser fitting I recommend you pull that hose off the block fitting and remove it completely to make sure it's not clogged. Then check the block fitting for a clog with some stiff 80-120lb mono line.

So you don't know for sure if it was going to overheat. 140 degrees you should be able to stand for like 6-10 seconds on your hand. 160 degrees and you'll pull your hand right away. The engine may need to go to 160-170 degrees before the tstats will open. Most outboard heat alarms won't come on till 195-205.

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
Chaz, it's tough to tell whether you're going to overheat by just using your hand. Dunk is right about the temps. You need to let her run and see if she overheats. If she doesn't, you don't have a water flow problem in the block/heads. I don't know exactly how Hondas are set up, but if there is a hose connecting the pisser hole to the block and you're not overheating I'd say your problem is there. When the overheat alarm goes off you're not damaging the engine unless you let it keep going because many car engines operate where the OB overheat alarm goes off.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chaz, Be careful sticking a small piece of wire in that 225 Flush out port hole.Take a piece of plastic or coffee stirer and insert it to clean the stuff that might have hardened over the winter. I use to use the wire until some one told me about the plastic thing.
If the motor is running and no water is comming out of the Flush out port or center of the prop consider the pump or impellar.
If you have the ear muffs on and water is comming out the prop and lower unit holes(two )then look at that flush port again and clean.
Hope this helps to some degree.
What I was using was a pice of steel leader with the plastic coating on it. Yes I do get water out the center of the prop.

What makes me think it's not the impeller is. I don't get water out when I use the flush out hose. All other lower unite holes water come out.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chaz, it's tough to tell whether you're going to overheat by just using your hand. Dunk is right about the temps. You need to let her run and see if she overheats. If she doesn't, you don't have a water flow problem in the block/heads. I don't know exactly how Hondas are set up, but if there is a hose connecting the pisser hole to the block and you're not overheating I'd say your problem is there. When the overheat alarm goes off you're not damaging the engine unless you let it keep going because many car engines operate where the OB overheat alarm goes off.
One of things I looked for was the hook up hose. You can't even see it everything is in the way. I did get the wire in about 1 1/2 " I know I have flow to the heads from the flush hose. If I disconnect the flush hose and run water in the intake should I get water out the flush hose?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will try again today the water that I put in yesturday might have losen up the clog.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Don't forget when you are using a hose it has pressure and when in the water it's sucking, how long ago was the impeller replaced? When I had a clogged pisser I put the hose right up against it and shot water back into the pisser hole. What ever you do don't let that baby over heat, cost me a head job.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't forget when you are using a hose it has pressure and when in the water it's sucking, how long ago was the impeller replaced? When I had a clogged pisser I put the hose right up against it and shot water back into the pisser hole. What ever you do don't let that baby over heat, cost me a head job.
I hear you. It should be ok with the impeller. But I am not ruleing it out. I can't get water out when flushing. If I got water out when flushing and not when hooked up to the intake then water pump. Easy!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chaz, when you run on the lower unit ears is water dumping out of the prop hub, exhaust port, etc?

Yes it is. It allways did. The only time it came out the tell tail hole is when it was running. But not now. It allways came out when the flush was hooked up. But not right now.
Well I am going back out to try again right now. I'll see you later.

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
If the engine is running on the lower unit ears and it is dumping out of everything other than the tell tale you have water circulating through the block but something clogging the pisser tube. The engine can run with a clogged pisser with no ill effects as the pisser is pissing water directly from the water pump. I'd figure the clog in the pisser out though as you wouldn't know if you lost pump pressure without it.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If the engine is running on the lower unit ears and it is dumping out of everything other than the tell tale you have water circulating through the block but something clogging the pisser tube. The engine can run with a clogged pisser with no ill effects as the pisser is pissing water directly from the water pump. I'd figure the clog in the pisser out though as you wouldn't know if you lost pump pressure without it.
Well I checked it all out again. The only thing not working is the tell tail hole.

I ran the motor head heats up and cools down. Water out of the prop heats up and cools down. I tryed running it up a little bit to see if it would flush out the tell tail hole no luck.

I guess what I need now is the easy way to get to fix the tell tail hole. I did get a wire in the hole about 3". That still didn't get her open. I can see or reach where it goes though the hood. I guess I will have to remove that pices. I think I'll see if I can find An exploaded view.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Chaz, something tells me that the 'Get It Wet' may be seeing some use this season?
Kevin

No it's still up for sale. Just trying to make sure anything is in top working order. I couldn't live with myself if I just let it be sombody elsa problem. I spent the whole day cleaning it up. So when who ever buys it can just put it in the water and use it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.