BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's pick a weekend date in July/Aug and a sandbar to meet on? This should be a come by boat deal... Inside Townsends inlet is a good spot.. Any other spot ideas?? Roast a pig to burgers and dogs..maybe a keg or two? We should do this....

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
I'm with you Dunk, for some reason it never seems to get done. When we tried this a few year into the barn site opening it was thried and I can't remember why it didn't happen.

·
Registered
82,455 Posts
I’d be game for it. Aug would be great

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Let's pick a weekend date in July/Aug and a sandbar to meet on? This should be a come by boat deal... Inside Townsends inlet is a good spot.. Any other spot ideas?? Roast a pig to burgers and dogs..maybe a keg or two? We should do this....

I like the TI sandbar idea. Not much beach at high tide though. Have to pick a low tide afternoon.

·
Registered
12,883 Posts
Sounds good-Finsy can take me

Reminds me of the old days

1/4 keg or a beer ball in the driller-14ft fiberglass with 15hp

head on down to hereford imbibing the whole way. meet up with friends with sunfishes. Surf hereford inlet in the sunfishes then make our way back to Sea Isle

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Champagne Island at Herefords has too many regulations, like no dogs.. Thats why I didn't mention it.. I don't bother with that island anymore.

We need to pick a date and organize. Do we want a couple of guys to pick up and supply the food and beer or do we just want to do it BYO. We could just pick up a few big bags of charcoal, dig a pit. That way it's not an open fire for very long. We'd need some kind of big grate to cook over the charcoal. Then again I'm not sure that's even legal?

Yes a low tide afternoon would be better at the TI sandbar.

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds good-Finsy can take me

Reminds me of the old days

1/4 keg or a beer ball in the driller-14ft fiberglass with 15hp

head on down to hereford imbibing the whole way. meet up with friends with sunfishes. Surf hereford inlet in the sunfishes then make our way back to Sea Isle
I used to surf Herefords in the 13ft Whaler back in the 60's.. Had it blow back over on top me one time power hopping the breakers into the wind. It washed back into the beach with me sitting on the bottom. Four of us flipped it back over and we towed it home with two other whalers on a bridal up on plane. On the way home I'd pull the plugs then push(tilt) the engine down and put it in gear and she would crank over dragging the prop at 25mph and blow the saltwater out of her.. Pop the flywheel clean/dry the points and install new condensors and she was running again in an hour.. Those old 40hp Johnsons were tough SOB's. I had that Whaler flip three times on me in the 5 yrs I had it, but I was 12-17 yrs old and lots tougher than I am now..lol..

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
may be in if i have a new or a fixed ride lol
Steve, trust me you are covered for this outing... I'll make sure of that and I/we want you there..

Carl, weekdays would be fine with me, but you might need to pull a weekend sick day...

If we do this at the TI sandbar it's a short run to the Avalon Point Marina or TI Yacht Club for guys too far away with boats. I'll be glad to run ferry in the Key Hopper.. At 65mph from the marina you are seconds away from the sandbar... Once at the sandbar I'm sure there will be lots of guys to haul guys back to docks on their way home....

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Carl, weekdays would be fine with me, but you might need to pull a weekend sick day...

Once at the sandbar I'm sure there will be lots of guys to haul guys back to docks on their way home....
Dunk, I hear that! I will stay in the loop! I will give you a ring tomorrow sometime Igot your message, don't want you think I'm ignoring you I appreciate the call!

If our boat is in the water we can shuttle too!!! although we aren't 65mph :)

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
my ski boat will be perfect for this...especially if anyone wants to strap a set of ski's or a wakeboard on and take a few runs...

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.