BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the w!nd forecasted at 15 knots for tomorrow, The Rips might be a little rough going. Since the w!nd is supposed to be coming from the NE, it looks like the Reeds Beach and the Bidwell Creek area in the DE Bay would be on the lee side. Is anybody fishing this area or are most people sticking with The Rips? I saw the post about netting bass by the Bidwell Creek and that got me to thinking. Sound reasonable?

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Originally posted by aquasport190:
Since the w!nd is supposed to be coming from the NE, it looks like the Reeds Beach and the Bidwell Creek area in the DE Bay would be on the lee side.
Scott, don't count the rips out with a NE w!#d. There are plenty of opportunites to fish areas protected by the point.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Yep,agree with Ron.now if it were w sw forgeta bout it...

·
Registered
32,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The tide should be flood tomorrow morning. We'll try the rips but, if they look ugly, we'll head north and check out the Reeds Beach area.

·
Registered
32,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We fished Prissy for a couple of hours in the morning before the blow. Got one hit. When the wind started we headed over to DE Bay. It was COLD. We decided to go through the canal and fish by the 50 cent bridge. We took a few cast at the jetty at the canal entrance and Stalker went by us heading up the Bay. Fished clams and bloods by the creek mouth near the bridge and got a couple of hits. Joe D. had a fish on but it threw the hook. We got in the car around 2:00 and TURNED THE HEAT ON.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got a report to day that the flats at reeds beach had some fish caught using plugs with orange bellies,top water or swimmers, may go up there my self tommarrow.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
It may of been a cold day today on the rips and we may not of put any fish in the box, but it was great being out on the water. Kind of reminded me of of hunting season and just sitting in the tree stand and enjoying nature. We'll get'em next time Scott.....Need to break in that new Penn 5500.

·
Registered
32,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It reminded me of riding the snowmobile, Joe D.
I should have dressed a little warmer (gloves & ski mask) but it was so mild at 5:00am that I thought it could only get nicer (WRONG!!!).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts