BASS BARN banner

how bout these

814 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Dunk 
#1 · (Edited)
are 2005 yamaha 250 hpdi good motors?????:huh:Also anyone have a mckee craft, are they good boats??

#4 ·
There were a lot of bad 250 hpdi's Definately take them to a Yam dealer for a survey before buying. Some were good. Adam Bomb will pipe in here. His engines ran almost daily for several thousand hours.

#5 ·
Take them to a good dealer and have them checked out. By the book maintenance and good fuel are ESSENTIAL to reliability from those motors(and any motor for that matter). I don't know that the 2005 motors had updates to be done as 2003's were the most problematic and many of the issues with them were ironed out with updates and then the updates were applied to current motors on the assembly line. I had a set of 2003's and as Archie said, ran them daily for four years and piled up 3000 hours before repowering with four stroke 250's.

Good luck!

#9 ·
My recommendation for problem engines like those(and the Fichts and the Opti's) is to not pay more for the boat than if you were buying it without engine(s). Then if you can't afford to repower don't buy it. If it/they run then fine your that much ahead and there's no suprizes coming your way..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.