BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is cold. Went to Cape May Light house this afternoon. They had a great historic program on Cape May Point from day one to the present. It was neat to see the changes through time. Went up to the ocean and it looked like the artic circle. Huge flows of ice running down the beach all the way to Cape May Inlet. Went to the bay side to watch the ferry run across to Delaware and it looked like chunk ice as far as you could see. You really get a feel for the current when you watch all that ice moving with the it. Looks like this winter is going to be much colder than last year and with all this cold weather, I don't think it will start melting any time to soon. I guess everyone else has to be iced in too. How is it where you are?

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Ray Letting you in on a little secret. I.m in our new house on Cudjoe Key temp in the 70's. Been here for awhile, unfortunately, My plane leaves tomorrow. Understand the temps havebeen in the low teens with snow. I'll have to put socks on before landing. Ron

·
Registered
678 Posts
It's so stinkin' cold here that a deer I shot two weeks ago is frozen as hard as a slab of concrete. Just brought it into the garage so that hopefully I can skin and quarter it in a few days.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
It's this cold... :D

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
I'm here, in S. Jersey, freezing my butt off. Can't believe I saw a beautiful sunrise over the water from my balcony this AM. Got to admitt-the weathers S+++s. Ron

·
Banned
964 Posts
March? The rate it's going I'd say skip to April!

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is not a fishing report, but the cross country skiing was great along the bayfront in N Cape May, before the plow trucks arrived. Much of the ice has moved back across the bay,6 weeks to MARCH.

·
Registered
7,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Super pictures Dave. Looks the same down at the point. Looks like the artic. Sparse, don't rush to unpack you fishing gear, you will not need it for awhile. Today wasn't too bad, snow was even melting alittle. First warm days of the season it will probably be elbow to elbow anglers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts