BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of you might try to avoid the masses on a holiday weekend, but for those of you who brave the conditions, how did you do last Memorial Day Weekend? How does this year's water temp compare to last year's?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I got my first 2 weakies of 2005 last memorial day weekend....also a sh*t load of blues and a couple of nice herring.

Fished along the jetties and pilings with Lunchman. All fish were caught on plastics although we tried floating bloods without much luck.

Hopefully we'll do better this year.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
We were catching flounder up in the bay this time last year.I've only been in the back this year cause of the f##kin wind.I hope the gods give us a break this weekend.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Last year I had my one of my best flounder days in the Memorial Day boat traffic near Kennedy Park, the boat is still being repaired so no fishing this weekend.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
We crushed the flounder in DE Bay last year (monday). We are going to try again this year - but have not seen many repots because everyone is drum fishing.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Yea, Don't let the Un-Official Start To The Summer Keep You Away From The Water This Weekend..

If the Fish are there,(and they are) they can be caught if you are really into want you are doing out there...

Good Luck EveryOne - Have A Great Memorial Day Weekend....

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
I did Jack last memorial day weekend. Wasn't until the full moon in June before things busted open...

[ 05-25-2006, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Re-Bait ]

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I didn't do real good on the holiday weekend, matter of fact, my whole season was bad. Hope 06 is better now that I have a engine on my boat so I can go fish.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Originally posted by NIGHTSTRIKES:
Yea, Don't let the Un-Official Start To The Summer Keep You Away From The Water This Weekend..

If the Fish are there,(and they are) they can be caught if you are really into want you are doing out there...

Good Luck EveryOne - Have A Great Memorial Day Weekend....
I plan on starting my weekend tonight and tomorrow night

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
I will be stalking fish south this weekend

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Last year limited out on seabass.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Did real good last year up near the Maul on Flounder, havent tried it this year though.

Insanity - we'll be driving by your place on Monday morning nice and early ;)

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Originally posted by FlounderBob:
Last year I had my one of my best flounder days in the Memorial Day boat traffic near Kennedy Park, the boat is still being repaired so no fishing this weekend.
Thats the place to be this year I bet. That area always holds fish. I am sure the masses will be out there this year too,

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
8 stripers to 25 pounds off the surf on lures and clam. It was an awesome weekend.
Caught for the next three weeks after too. If last weekend was a true indication of flounder fishing it should be great for that too.

Everyone have a great safe holiday.

Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts