BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I missed most of last year getting in late. Then spending a lot of time finding my way around. Other then the bait do you go to the same spots? How important is water temps. :confused:

·
Registered
31,677 Posts
early spring they bunch up in one corner waiting to make the run up. some run up the rim of the bay,others run up the channel.its hit and miss when they break for the river.on the way back out you will see the boats lined up from from like ship john down to lower bay.clam early then bunker on the way out but to each is own.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I agree, spring is definitely different that fall. Fish are not as spread out and don't hold in any area for too long. The fall spots usually produce, but don't be afraid to try new areas/structure. I personally like bunker for both seasons, and I typically do well in the upper with it, but in the lower you can double up on drum and stripers using clam. Water temps are a factor just as they are in the fall, but they rise much faster in the spring, so timing is critical. This is my take on things based on my personal experience, hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Same spots? NO...... If you want to get into bass? Get yourself ready soon. I will email you. But you have to turn your email on..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.