BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally I just remove the head,tails,entrails,and skin roll in flour and pan fry in butter with salt and pepper.I know its not the healthiest way but I only do this once a year if I manage to catch some large enough to eat.How about the rest of you folks?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
fillet bread and fry
fillet and pan fry with no breading
fillet and bake with a little butter and seasonings...panko bread crumbs and some parm cheese on top when they are almost done...back in to head all.

Hell with bones...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
when i was a kid my grandfather would scale em.. head and gut them.. bread them up and deep fry them.. open em up and pull all the bones out but would get a few in there but i just spit em out...

·
Registered
206 Posts
We eat a good amount of perch, especially when we go to the Poconos. My grandfather taught me to grab both Pectoral fins after cutting up from the vent with a knife and pulling out all guts. I then grab the head and pull back all the way to the tail, skinning the fish. We then coat in egg and drop in a ziploc bag filled with spices and fry

·
Registered
822 Posts
We eat a good amount of perch, especially when we go to the Poconos. My grandfather taught me to grab both Pectoral fins after cutting up from the vent with a knife and pulling out all guts. I then grab the head and pull back all the way to the tail, skinning the fish. We then coat in egg and drop in a ziploc bag filled with spices and fry
How does the ziploc taste after it is fried? :D

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hey Buzz, I would reach out to "Steve-O". Steve has posted several photos on this site, some of the photos show the perch going into and coming out of the fry pan.
The results sure do look tasty. Pursue this quest, perch are great tasting fish.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
All FW fish are just ok, not much taste. Walleye is the best . IMO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts