BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently moved to Easton, PA, and was wondering how far south on the Delaware do I have to go to catch stripers from the surf when they move in. Im not sure if there are any dams along the river that I should get below or if fish make it as far up as the Easton area.

Not looking for specific spots, just general info like....Try to get blow Philadelphia or something along those lines.

Thank you in advance for the replies.

Dingo

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
They catch them in Easton from spring to fall. Best area is between the 22 bridge and the 78 bridge. If you stop in at Bill's bait shop in Phillipsburg, he may help you with info. Most local striper sharpies get there bait there. Through the year they get some nice fish up to 30 lbs. in that area but not the numbers they get from Trenton south.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I used to fish for them in Yardley...a small but nice ramp is right there. I'm not sure if you can do it now but we used to launch out around 7pm while everyone was getting ready to leave, around 9pm, the water was like glass and they started to turn on. Great area! We would drift down, had a few nice spots that always seemed to produce.

Good luck...

Dave

·
Registered
83,984 Posts
They are caught as far up or even further than the Scudder Falls Bridge. They’ll follow the Shad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.