BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys i know i havn't but i'm sure a few have been cought how many 50lb stripers have been cought.. any pics would be cool too.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Personally I haven't but my neighbor landed a 62lber last year on the beach. He is now a changed man. Can't wait to just break the 40lb mark myself.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Beautiful Fish!

·
Banned
1,821 Posts
This one was killed with a spear,i know alot of fishermen don't think its sporting but i love it,i never weighed this one either but she was real heavy

[/url]

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Hey labda...mean waterman 482, nice stripes. Got a few mid 40's and 1 that was 49 and change 7 hrs after being caught, and kept in a dry cooler. Was cold out! Anyway, it was a 50. :D Finnatic 5 has some pics, and may know how to post em. I don't!

[ 03-02-2006, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: on the hook ]

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
About 15 years ago a Philadelphia Police officer caught two over 50lbs fishing on a headboat based out of Wildwood and it might have been the Capt Carlson. Both fish were caught within a few years of each other in November drifting eels right in front of the Cape May Point Lighthouse. Pretty amazing feat. I talked to the officer and he wished he would have releashed the second fish beause he had the first one mounted and felt bad about killing the second 50 lber. The officer used to come into Taylors Bait & Tackle when it was in SW Philly. It was right about the time Jim Taylor got his 50 lber at night from a local NJ inlet. We have had a few up to 47 lbs and over 50 inches on eels at night in June on the Cape May Rips but have not been able to break the magic 50 lb barrier. My father had a 58 lb and 64 lb stripers on the same trip to Cuttyhunk, MA in the early 70's using live bunker but my family lost those pictures years ago. Sure wish we still had them pictures.
Capt John

·
Registered
517 Posts
now thats worth posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah if i ever get that 50lb striped one i will keep that one and if the next one thats over 50lbs doesn't break the record thats getting tossed back in the drink...

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
on the hook-
You mean that 49 lber you got?
Ahhhhhh you finally admitted that even you, the most honest of all fisherman, finally belive the truth we all told you! That thing was definitely a 50 lber!

Let's see 50 inches/49 1/2 lbs + a DRY cooler with no ice or water x 7 hours while our :rolleyes: DUMBAZZ :confused: buddy was trying to catch another monster(or was it the slot you were after)= your fish WAS a 50/50 bud! ;)

Awesome fish, but the pix I took were film and not digital. Sorry pal. :(

How about the 48 or 49"er you got the very next day? That's when I knew you were the "Striper King"! :D ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts