BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many rods should I use from the beach? I know it's personal preference, but was wondering what other people typically use.

From my experience 4 rods is two many to handle.

One is not enough ( in case you lose your bait ).

Two seems to work perfect. One to hold, the other two keep out there, with a nice piece of clam. And maybe a third, to use with a popper.

How many rods do you normally have in the water?

[ 11-02-2004, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Dakota Rob ]

·
Registered
294 Posts
I actually prefer to keep one rod in the surf and a second one rigged in waiting. I dont like having anything in the water that I can't have my hands on to pick up the strike. This also allows you to figure more easily when you've picked up any weed in the surf. I like keeping some tension on the line to prevent the bait from rolling and if you have rods in spikes (a must for more than one rod) you cant walk with the current to keep the bait out there. Guys have success with more than one rod, but I just like the hands on feel when I fish.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
If Bait Fishing, One Rigged With Clam and the
other with a BunkerHead or eel.....

If Plugging, Just One Rod.......

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I put two in the water, one with clam, the other with bunker. If one is obviously outproducing the other, I put the same on both. I always have one rod sitting next to me ready to toss plugs, snag bunker, etc. if I see activity.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I TRY TO KEEP TWO IN THE WATER AT ALL TIMES.THREE WHEN POSIBLE LIKE WHEN THERE IS SOFT TIDE /ON GRASS AND PLENTY OF ROME.
I USE BAIT RUNNERS SO I DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT LOSING A ROD!

I DONT WORRY ABOUT USING DIFERNT BAITS AS MUCH AS KEEPING THEM A DIERENT DISTANTES.
ONE LONG ONE SHORT OR ONE ON THE BAR ONE OVER IT.
OR ONE IN THE SLUE AND ONE OVER THE BAR.
I THINK THEY WILL EAT ANYTHING THEY FIND THIA TIME OF YEAR AND LIKE AND THINK ITS MORE IMPORTENT TO GET IT FRONT OF THEM.

AND DONT FORGET TO KEEP THE METEL REDDY ON A OTHER ROD AT ALL TIMES.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I TRY TO KEEP TWO IN THE WATER AT ALL TIMES.THREE WHEN POSIBLE LIKE WHEN THERE IS A SOFT TIDE /ON GRASS AND PLENTY OF ROME. :rolleyes:
I USE BAIT RUNNERS SO I DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT LOSING A ROD! :mad:

I DONT WORRY ABOUT USING DIFERNT BAITS AS MUCH AS KEEPING THEM AT DIERENT DISTANTES.
ONE LONG ONE SHORT OR ONE ON THE BAR ONE OVER IT.
OR ONE IN THE SLUE AND ONE OVER THE BAR. :confused:
I THINK THEY WILL EAT ANYTHING THEY FIND THIS TIME OF YEAR.

AND THINK ITS MORE IMPORTENT TO GET IT FRONT OF THEM.

AND DONT FORGET TO KEEP THE METEL REDDY ON A OTHER ROD AT ALL TIMES.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.