BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on doing a local get together or seminar I guess. in my head its more of a meet and greet. I am thinking of timing it with a local fishing flea market in Pt Pleasant, so that many guys are already in the area. ( I would start it around 12 or 1pm, so it would be when everybody is leaving the local fishing flea market) Feb 26th.

I have a big enough location I can rent out. We would have some local dealers, ( that fish and use their products, so they have a great understanding of them). Terminator Tackle who has many unique, custom tackle designed for our local fishery, Canyon Reels who can answer all of your questions and show us how the reels are used in other parts of the world , local lure makers that make unique products used in our area, some other local shops, manufacturers that are up here that I have in mind. Pretty much the dealers/manufacturers who know their products and can offer some tips on how to use them. Also some other shops I would like to invite.

The guys can talk about how they build their products, how to use them and how to apply them here in NJ for everything from fluke to tuna. The products can also be available to purchase as well. I guess you can call it a local get together where we all can learn some tips and secrets, as well as get a decent deal on some good products.

Its alot of work and planning, so how many of you would be willing to attend? I have it started, but its always tricky when other things are happening. So, what do you think? Something you would attend if your already 10 minutes away, checking out a fishing flea market?
I have 2 options...free admission and you can buy any food or drinks directly from the place, or a small fee and offer a basic selection of food & drinks. I had this going last year, but the snow killed it!!

let me hear your thoughts. :huh:

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Tom,
Sounds good to me...

I can do some rigging seminars on the Ballyhoo Pin rigs, Tuna Chunking rigs and spreader bars..

I'll Also bring up some custom jigging and popping rods for to everyone to play with.

and if anyone has anything else they would like to see or learn more about, they can just post it up here.

Do the FREE admission:thumbsup: and let people choose if they want to eat or not!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I would defintely go...I think free admission would work best and offer drink/ food(S)

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
sounds like a good idea.
always great to do a meet and great outside the shop.

give a call , i just tried to call you

i can do a rod marbling demo or something.
drag testing with the rods,

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Sounds like a good idea to me. I learn more from a hands on way type of learning. I think it could make everybody a little bit better fisherman and help support local tackle dealers.

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
great idea.. its better to ask questions face to face then anything.. and learning something new is always good too.. i suck at tying a bimini twist lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think it is a great idea, nothing like hands on. Free is the way to atract people, I would hope that those attending would spend a buck or two on food and drink, and if they have any money left from the flea markets, maybe your vendors could make an on the spot or line up future sales.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Great idea. I live about an hour from PP but sounds like it would be worth the ride. Free is the way to go.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like a good idea to me. I learn more from a hands on way type of learning. I think it could make everybody a little bit better fisherman and help support local tackle dealers.

That's the idea I have in my head at least. Your meeting the local guys, the tackle made for our waters and not what some big magazine decides they are going to publish for Florida waters.

Most of our local tackle guys either have their own twist on a product, run charters, or actually manufacture the product. I have been looking to do this for a while, but something always gets in the way.....weather, getting everyone on same day, etc...

As Joe from Terminator said, if there are any items you would like to see, that would cause you to make the trip.....please contact us or post it up here. Joe and I have talked about this type of gathering for a while now, lets hope we can pull it off with the way the weather has been! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
looking forward to it,

we were going to have one close to here,
but with the new shop theres pleanty of room to have the pa locals here.

weather is a BIG factor.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
That's the idea I have in my head at least. Your meeting the local guys, the tackle made for our waters and not what some big magazine decides they are going to publish for Florida waters.

Most of our local tackle guys either have their own twist on a product, run charters, or actually manufacture the product. I have been looking to do this for a while, but something always gets in the way.....weather, getting everyone on same day, etc...

As Joe from Terminator said, if there are any items you would like to see, that would cause you to make the trip.....please contact us or post it up here. Joe and I have talked about this type of gathering for a while now, lets hope we can pull it off with the way the weather has been! :thumbsup:

I know rigging can be a good thing to do, the ballyhoo pin rigs is an easy thing to teach and learn..

If people post what they want to do or see done, I will bring all the nessasary supply up..

And of course with all the bus of the new light weight jigging rods, Tom and i will have a bunch of them along with reels to play with.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
It's a good idea. I would charge at least $5 per person, kids $2 or something. You have to get something for the work. Also charge booth space for the dealers. I would be interested if the guys in booths were legit. If half of it was a flee market, then the legit guys wouldnt be taken seriously. Also, if you have jig guys there dumping lures for 1/2 price, consider how many you will sell during the season.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
We would be interested as well but we would have to know the schedule as we are committed to several others at the present time. When you get more details together please contact our office.
Sounds like its coming together. Hope to see you there chuck.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sounds like a great Idea:thumbsup: and i would love to be a part of it I will be setting up a table at most of the flea markets this season. Not only to sell a rig or two but to find great deals as well. Anytime you can offer or get a tip,trick or two meet and make new friends its all good One thing I know for sure we can all learn something new when it comes to this great sport of FISHING

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would defiantly be in i live about a hour or more away and it would still be worth the drive. Keep us posted on the details and anything we can do to help in getting it together.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Great Idea

Tom,

Sounds like a great idea. Free is good, but as someone said previously you have to get something back out of it. I can't see a small fee deterring anyone in February. We all have cabin fever by then. I would love to meet all the local dealers FTF. Just an FYI, the Pennsylvania Harrisburg Sportsmans show is Feb 4-12, so probably best to keep away from those dates...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts