BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
541 Posts
Ike mentioned it yesterday that He was catching a lot of his fish on a laser lure rattletrap.
You are right Ike did mention using a lipless laser lure and not in passing. He actually took a sec to explain what it was. but I still can't see myself purchasing one. KVD and Kriet were both using lipless cranks with out the laser and did alittle better so I can do without the light on it.

· Registered
1,378 Posts
You are right Ike did mention using a lipless laser lure and not in passing. He actually took a sec to explain what it was. but I still can't see myself purchasing one. KVD and Kriet were both using lipless cranks with out the laser and did alittle better so I can do without the light on it.
They were also fishing a different spot than Ike. KVD caught 7 keepers off one stump in his area.

· Registered
2,065 Posts
but did kevin have a laser. this is supposed to b revolutionary,words best lmao.
The man could catch fish with a rock. The laser lures definately do work and Ike uses them pretty often, but do they catch fish better than the same lure without the laser, I doubt it.

· Registered
1,587 Posts
Only reason I'd buy one is because it would be funny to win a tournament with one.

But it doesn't look like I'll be fishing many T's this year, so no laser lures for me ( if I do fish an event, ill have to just break out the helicopter lure) :)

· Registered
2,065 Posts
Only reason I'd buy one is because it would be funny to win a tournament with one.

But it doesn't look like I'll be fishing many T's this year, so no laser lures for me ( if I do fish an event, ill have to just break out the helicopter lure) :)
Banjo minnows are the way to go.:D

· Registered
1,378 Posts
I did buy a laser lure to see how it would stack up against a Lucky Craft RC1.5. They have the same body shape and bill but the Laser Lure is heavier and has a bit wider wobble. And of course the Laser. 0 fish on it so far but 0 fish on the LC in the same "sexy shad" color. Maybe it's just a bad color for that style of crank?

Either way it's hard to see the laser in the daylight. It's much brighter and noticable at night time.

And for anyone to get ink anywhere on Ike's shirt/boat/truck I'm sure it's 6 figures and up per year.

· Registered
1,071 Posts
The concept is there and is on point. Just like Cats and Dogs, Bass will actually follow the red later in the tank. Tried it out in lure testing and it does work. I m with you guys though because when you are pulling a Crankbait especially a lipless, the bait drives down nose first and pretty much blocks the laser. If you have confidence in a Crank there is no need to switch.

· Registered
1,587 Posts
The concept is there and is on point. Just like Cats and Dogs, Bass will actually follow the red later in the tank. Tried it out in lure testing and it does work. I m with you guys though because when you are pulling a Crankbait especially a lipless, the bait drives down nose first and pretty much blocks the laser. If you have confidence in a Crank there is no need to switch.
Oh, I thought the laser would stun the fish. Then you could just net them when they floated to the surface :huh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.