BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious how much weight bass loose when out of water for say 8hrs in cooler. I have caught 2 mid 30 pound fish but always had to wait a long time to get them weighed. They were kept in a cooler with ice. I always figured 2to 3pounds.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Originally posted by RottnCaptn:
Last fall we had a fish at 41lbs. at 7:00am and ended up at 38.82lbs at 4:00pm.
This should a warning to competitive anglers looking to weigh in their catch. If you don't do it probably, your fish is going to lose weight. The ice will suck weight(ie water)right out of her.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
After a good filet, my bass loose allot of weight. :D

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Something to keep in mind for the NJ Angler tournament on May 20 at IBSP.

[ 03-04-2006, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: wentfishn47 ]

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
I've seen a few lose big! In the morn when they catch them they tell me they have a forty lber. By the time they get back to the dock it weights 27lbs.R&R

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Originally posted by R & R:
I've seen a few lose big! In the morn when they catch them they tell me they have a forty lber. By the time they get back to the dock it weights 27lbs.R&R
LOL :D

According to the radio chatter on 78, there are ALOT of 40lb'ers when they hit the deck, but when they make it back to the scales, they became anorexic.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I always knew us fisher people did'nt lie :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.