BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics on how not to keep your batterys in the boat. These batterys are discharging just sitting there. The amount of crud on the tops allow them to slowley kill themselves. Battery tops should be kept clean and dry. Even if you pull your batterys out. Make sure the tops are clean.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Wet and dirty batterys do discharge. You can get a volt meter and put on lead on one terminal and drag the other across the top of a battery towards the other and read the voltage.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
When the cables go over the batteries do the gases produced from charging attack the wire? I always wondered about that. I thought the cables should be routed around the top of the batteries. What do you mechanics think?

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
Where's the grease?

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
And people wonder why their batteries don't last.:eek:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I've seen so much of what Joe posted its not funny. And they wonder why the boat sunk, or the bilge pump stopped working, or the electronics act up and so on. Good job Joe. Your right on all counts. Capt.Matt

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
reelinron said:
When the cables go over the batteries do the gases produced from charging attack the wire? I always wondered about that. I thought the cables should be routed around the top of the batteries. What do you mechanics think?
Im sure this can happen over time.I think with todays cables you are just fine running them over the batterys. I would not run them over a post such as a neg. wire over a post post. In time the wire may chaff and you could have one big short.
I have never seen a problem from the gases attacking the wire but that does not mean it cannot happen.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
thats just wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!:confused: :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts