BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well Guys Our First Put Together Canyon Trip, Using The Barn's Offshore Division As A Tool!

We Left Barnegat Inlet @ 1:45 Monday Morning 7/17. We Decided A Last Minute Change To Go To The Hudson Vs Spencer Or Wilmington Based On The Most Recent Temp Chart. So Off We Went With New Crew Members Jeff The Science Teacher, Jp The Dentist, JOHNNY TWO PISS The ???teacher, And My Youngest Son Dan.

Reached The Tip @ 5:00am Sharp, Lines In The Water By 5:15 .Trolled Down The West Side To The Begining Of The Letters Not A Touch. Crossed Over To The East Side Elbow Area And Headed North, We Seen A Lot Of Life! Picked Up Some Mahi, When All Of A Sudden Up Just Short Of The Notch Came Mr. White Thru The Spread. I Had Just Put Out Some Of my new The Reel Seats Marlin Rigs Dave Had Made Me! I Figured If There Was No Tuna Shots Yet I Might As Well Try For The Bills!!!

the Water Was In The 78 Degree Range With Quite A Bit Of Life In The Area. The White Came Thru The Spread Wouldn't Take Anything We Scrambled To Put A Naked Bally Pitch Together But To Late.

We Then Proceeded Back Down The East Wall Crossed Over The Deep Just Short Of The 100 Square Area And Back Up The West Wall . Just As We Approached The West Elbow And Most Of The Crew Was A Sleep Except Me @ The Wheel And Jeff The Sceince Teacher From Camden. A Diving Plug Rappalla Style Goes Off. Fish On Finally, I Yell Out To The Sleeping Brigade, They Stumble To The Back Of The Boat All Disoriented From A Very Sound Sleep. Then Another Rod Goes Off And A Third And A Fourth And Even A Fifth!!!! It Pays To Stay On The Troll.

Here Comes Histeria, Jp The Dentist Goes To A Rod He Thinks Has Nothing On It And Reels, Pop There Goes One, Then We Finally Got Some Calm And Every One Grabs A Rod. The Fight Is On ! We Get One To The Boat See Color, Jeff The Sceince Teacher Is On The Rod ,The Fish Goes Towards The Props He Trys To Put Some Preasure On The Fish But, He Is Holding A 20 With 30lb Test And Pop Two Gone. Oh Well We Land The First By Johnny Two Piss, Then The Second By Jp The Dentist And Some How We Forgot About The Fifth And He Went Home Too!!
Well At Least We Had Some Action, To Pay Off For Out Persistence.

We Stayed On The Troll Thru 6:00pm With Not Another Touch And Home We Came....

SAL G

ps Not A Bad Day, And Thank God My Crew Didn't Turn Out To Be Pirates Like My Wife Thought, Based On The Fact That Almost My Entire Crew I Met On The Internet And Didn't Even Know Before Yesterday.

It Pays To Get New Fishing Partners From The Barn!!!!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
35Nauset said:
Sounds like 2 something. Yellowfin maybe? And mahi.
Sal-
Great write up, that's a pretty good synopsis of what went down.
Some good laughs, and an awesome time, even though we floundered a bit on our only knock down. Should have been at least 4 for 5 on the yellowfin. Never fails, I grab my first sleep of the trip, and it goes down. Guess there are a few fish swimming around with some expensive lip jewelry this morning. From me, and my friend johnny 2-piss, want to thank you for a great time. Hope we can do it again soon. That boat is unbelievable, went to put the covers on my Regulator last night, reminded me of a row boat compared to your ride. Truly awesome.

JP

p.s, for the others, we were 2 for 5 on yellowfin, and a few smallish mahi. Sal gave my buddy his new knickname. Everytime we turned around, he was hanging hose off the transom taking a leak. Finish one, and 5 minutes later he was watering down the transom again. Johnny 2-piss....I think it's gonna stick!

·
Registered
21 Posts
nice job in the hudson

sal,
nice report, sounded like a fun day on the water. if you need a crew for the next trip me and my friend may be able to go next time. we were just busy on monday and coudlnt make it. post if u need us.

Ryan D

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Biggestjack,

By My Math If 5 Rods Go Off And We Lose Three To A Chinese Fire Drill That Leaves Two Boated. We Also Had A Hand Full Of Small Mahi On Troll. We Could Have Sank The Boat ( God Forbid ) With Mahi On Bait. But We All Have Been Getting Mahi Over The Last Two Weeks Inshore. Btw Who E-mailed You That The Fish Were 20-25lbs. One Was Maybe 20. The Other Was Around 35. And The One We Seen Color Before It Popped Off Was At Least 35.

We Also Raised The White.

All In All It Was A Great Time And I Made Some Great New Freinds!!!!

Jp, Johnny Two Piss, And Jeff The Sceince Man!!!!!

Sal G

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jp,

Thanks For All The Compliments, And Anytime You And Johnny Two Piss Want To Jump On, Your On!!!!

Sal G

Ps We Had An Awsome Time! Btw I Did Blow The Lower Unit, Got One Being Shipped To Me For Tommorow. In 1 Day I Will Be Good As New!! And Ready For This Weeks Cape May Tourney.....

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
By the way guys, we still have a spot open for the mid atlantic tuna tourney starting tommorow in cape may.

If anyone has any interest please feel free to call me @(732)539-7403 anytime soon, because you need to be in cape may ready to fish TONIGHT!!!

SAL G

PS weather may end up canceling this tourney.... And also we have a very strong crew with quite a bit of LOCAL knowledge already onboard!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good times with the Hooligan!!!

Sal-

First off thanks for having me aboard your GORGEOUS boat, I had an excellent time!!! Also great write up; JP and I had a good laugh with the Johnny 2 Piss, looks like it will stick!!!

Best of luck in the tourney this weekend!!!

Hope to fish with you again soon, and I have one for you...
"What's in the Bucket Sal?"

johnny2piss aka roose1310

P.S. High School History Teacher

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Johnny two piss,

Thanks for the compliment!

As far as what is in the bucket, just some food that my stomach didn't want. It likes to stay clean of some of the garbage my mouth inhales!!

Like I said, anytime you guys want to fish on the Hooligan there will always be room for you guys!!!!!

SAL G

·
Registered
866 Posts
Hooligan - left you a voice mail on your cell yesterday.... Give me a call when you get a minute - 215-284-0511. would be great to join sometime.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No Davey one and halve piss, (see I down graded you because Johnny definetly out pissed you!)

The food didn't come out of where it went in, so hence the 5 gallon head!! Just keeping the intestins cleansed. That is a regular thing for me you know that, Davey 1.5 piss.

SAL G

PS FOR ANYBODY INTERESTED THE CANYONS ARE NOW LOOKING FOR A GO EARLY MONDAY FOR A ONE DAY TROLL....

ANYONE INTERESTED? CALLLLLL ME @@@@@@@@@@ (732)539-7403

HOW ABOUT YOU DAVEY ONE AND A HALVE PISS? :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
1.5 piss, NICE. I would love to go, but you know I am not allowed to fish with you anymore. I would get kicked off the new ride.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dave You Don't Need My Help With That, You Are Going To Manage That All On Your Own. Do You Even Care!!

Sal:d

1 - 19 of 19 Posts