BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has one, or used one yet? I'm Going to be looking for a good deal at the AC boat show. My first choice is the Furono 620 FF, but these side-scan models look like they would be great to have especially for wreck fishing. Any thoughts on them?

· Registered
383 Posts
Owner's forum at link. http://www.xumba.scholleco.com/viewforum.php?f=1

Side scanning is for low speeds & fairly shallow water. Last I heard it was up to 150', but there have been updates since, so you would have to check. SS would be useless for tuna fishing offshore, but is helpful for looking at a wreck, bar or channel and the surrounding open water. As for the regular fishfinder functions, it is good. I forget which manufacturer has A-Scope, but the HBs have a similar function called RTS. Lots of adjustments for fine-tuning are available, color separation is good. Like any ff, you need to learn how to read & use it. To me, SS is not a critical function, but is one more fun toy, and is helpful if you are trying new areas. For example, if you tow to CBBT or something. Bait clouds look cool from the side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.