BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But only when I am reeling in big Striped Bass with thousands of birds diving all around me.
I went fishing on my jet early this morning for a couple of hours. It was 38 degrees when I left Rudee Inlet in Virginia Beach with SW winds about 10-15kts and seas 2-4 foot. I trolled North close to Cape Henry without any bites but some decent marks on the sounder. The whole time I am trolling there is a steady flow of gannets heading to my South with determined looks in their eyes. I finally gave in and picked up and ran South. I ended up off of Sandbridge in a flock of thousands of gannets diving all around me. As soon as I put in it was "Fish On!"
I caught 8 nice Stripers in 40 minutes, I kept two around 38 inches. . Twice, I had two on at the same time on a Tomic Mojo combo.
There were so many birds around me that I was covered in Gannet crap. It was raining poop but I did not care cause I was having a blast. I covered 35 miles and burned 8 gallons
There was only one other boat around me with some guys jigging them up.
Here are some pictures from today.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Some days your the pigeon and some days your the statue. Definitely looks worth it for sure. Great pictures especially the striper eye (really cool!)

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Great pics, as always.

Is it an optical illusion, or are the hooks on the back treble of the green plug all bent out of shape?

·
Registered
189 Posts
power electronics

Hey Brian! Great Photo's! Please keep them coming! Question, do you carry a separate battery for your electronics? How are they powered?
Thanks Jerzeedivr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts