BASS BARN banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down at the dock today. Cold and windy. No snow on the ground but nasty just the same. With the weather taking a turn for the worse I noticed many boat owners in my area have put things on hold. They are back into the winter mode.

After dining with BINGOJACK I headed home around 6:50 and off to the west there was still a hint of bright sky. This morning the weather man said the high today will be around 15 degrees below normal.

It could just as easily been 15 degrees above normal. In four weeks we turn the clocks ahead and that means light out at 7:50. Suddenly everyone is going to hit the rush button. I spoke with one of the mechanics at a local marina. He told me if I needed anything done to my boat to get it over right away. They have a stack of work orders two inches thick for the last week in March.

No matter what it feels like when you walk out the door in the morning remember. It's coming and coming soon. If you wait much longer you will be working on the boat when the fish start hitting. It happens every year.

It's just like when all you need is a pound of cheese. You take a number and it's 97. The next number called is 12. :D :D :D

·
Administrator
5,198 Posts
What he ^ said.

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
I hear ya' Fred. My chunking outfits are ready to go. I have a new chartplotter and I got the data cable to go with it. Been running it at home so when I hit the water it will be like I owned it all my life. Sinkers have been poured. I'm getting ready to pour jigs for when the first tiderunners appear along the coast and in Delaware Bay. Crabbs supplied me with enough round bend hooks last year, so I don't need to pester her for more to make my jigs this year.

Bring it on!!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
No Boat Here To Worry About,, I am armed and
ready,just waiting for some signs of life to point me in the right direction as to where to
attact first... It won't be much longer,,,

Thanks for the Post Fred.............

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
All we need to do is wash a wax, and a fresh coat of bottom paint and we are done. We also have to try and get out the rusty POS hardward holding the new trim tabs on without breaking the heads off. You would think the company would supply you with good stainless hardware. It won't be long though until I find out what the spring run is all about.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Originally posted by DRIFTER1:
I'll be yanking my lower unit this weekend to replace the water pump.
I've been yanking my lower unit all winter while I've been waiting for the weather to warm up...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Originally posted by San-Man:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DRIFTER1:
I'll be yanking my lower unit this weekend to replace the water pump.
I've been yanking my lower unit all winter while I've been waiting for the weather to warm up... </font>[/QUOTE]LMAO, I was waiting for this!

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
I'm still waiting to get my boat in my brother's garage to rebuild my motor. Shouldn't be too long now. I can't wait to start fishing.

Dave Isanski

·
Registered
52,619 Posts
Originally posted by Billy BaitSlinger:
A was told in Catholic school that you can go blind yanking your lower unit. Not that it stopped me, though ;)
probably your lower unit is second in command to your power head.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
here all along I thought my moniter was getting fuzzy.had my motor done last week,plugs filters,thermostats and new water pump.now some good weather for a coat of wax and slap some mud on the bottom and we are ready

1 - 13 of 13 Posts