BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I took my jet ski across the Chesapeake Bay and fished for Red Drum a couple of hours. I caught two skates using live hard crab but no drum runs. I did see a lot coming and going across the Bay in pristine flat conditions and warm 85 degree temps. I even saw a big Humpback whale, unusual for this time of year in Virginia.
I did get back and go see my 2nd Grandson, Oliver, for the first time. He was born early in the morning and weighed 10 pounds 10 ounces, a definite keeper!

Here is my Wife, Oliver and his Mom. Of course some other pics from on the water as well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Brian, Congratulations on your new grandson. A good looking boy. Again thanks for the wonderful pictures. I just got back from NJ & surf fished in the Del. bay for stripers. Was lucky to catch one 42 1/2". I am going to try for drum this week down here but not sure what to use for bait. Sounded like you used live hard crab. Can you give me some advice. Thanks. Big E (Everett)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I use live female blue crabs for Reds and sea clams for blacks. Lot of great catches yesterday but I have not been out in a couple.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
congrats grandpop.. as always your pics are better that nat geo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.