BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found something that works for the vinyl windows on my boat. They were getting verv hazy. I used Meguiars mirror glaze clear plastic cleaner #17 and a lot of elbow greese. I then followed up with the clear plastic polish #10 and they cleared up real nice. I tried using an orbital buffer, but that did not turn out so well. When I rubbed them out by hand, they turned out much better.

·
Registered
938 Posts
That's great news! I bought a can of 210 to try this year. If it doesn't work, I will be trying your cure. Thanks again for this information.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Meguiars 17 and 10 is great stuff, the first round is tough though. On my last boat I brought back my enclosure from not being able to see through it to lasting for 6 more years using multible coats of Meguiars 17 and 10.
Now i use 17 and 10 once a year and 210 once a month for maintenance. Good luck it will work.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
I used the maguires in the past to "bring back" my enclosure a couple years ago, then used Plexus spray every couple weeks to keep them lookin good... the spray cleans and waxes and is alot easier

·
Registered
62 Posts
thank you for sharing that info. i will definately try those products. i have factory plastics that are four years old and can hardly see thru the front windows. just need some time away work. chuck

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did not use a pad. All I did was cut up an old fleese shirt into pieces about 12" square. By the way, I did not do this on the boat. I took them off and did it on the garage floor on a large piece of cardboard. ( I cut up an old water heater box).

·
Registered
677 Posts
go to your local Harley shop and look for Novas (spelling?) they have three different windshield products that are absolutely amazing done mine and my brothers windshields and they come up like brand new.real reasonable in price to i think they were 4 bucks a bottle and you could do a hundred windshield easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts