BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of "My Wife's Rod and Reel Repair Shop" in Ocean View, NJ? For the past several years I have sent my reels to them for repair and service over the winter with no issue at all.

This year, as usual, I called down there in December and told them that I'd be sending 5 reels down which I did.

I've now been calling and even emailed them once to see what my bill is so I can mail a check and they can ship my reels back.

There has been no answer for at least three weeks. Nobody has returned any of my calls nor my email. I have a bad feeling about this. Its way too long of a drive for me to do a drive by. Does anyone know of this shop or any issues there? I'd hate to think something happended to Bill and the shop has closed but at the same time, 5 reels cost a good deal of $$.

Thanks

Greg

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I hope not Greg.....similiar thing happened to me with my radar dome...think i told u about that fiasco.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
I had to run an errand near My Wife's Rod n Reel today.. There was a sign on the door that said "Closed Dec 5 til April 1".:eek: Will be in some weekends. Call for appt. 609-624-7637. Another sign said for reel repair call Adam 609 425 4303. Good luck.:huh:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Contact Made!!

I got a call from Adam a few days ago after posting this. Was wondering if my post made it to him but didnt ask. He basically told me that he doesnt check the VM or email. He has my reels and they are almost complete.

Thanks VERY MUCH Aimless for checking on it for me. I really appreciate that!! Back on track. Come on spring!

Greg

·
Registered
12,823 Posts
Just saw Bill Today

At my Office

Dont Think he is down much-shop closed till April. I had a couple of reels to give him but he said not now-later when he opens.

Glad you got it straightened out with adam

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This gets deeper and deeper

Now it seems Adam has quit and Bill the owner just had heart surgery. Of course, my first thought is that Bill is OK but at the same time, they have 5 of my reels and I have no idea if/when I'll be able to get them back. Nobody answers the phone, the shop is closed until April 1 under normal circumstances but with Bill's surgery who knows. It would cost me $750 to replace these spinning reels. Of course if it meant delaying my start to the season, I'll probably go buy a few new reels. I think I need to learn how to service my reels myself from now on.

Frustrating....

Greg

·
Registered
865 Posts
Its a decent drive for you but i would send them to Grumpys bait and tackle in seaside park in the future. They are awesome and they are open all winter.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just saw this thread and had to post my experience with this company. On June 13 2011 i dropped off a Penn 4500ss that needed a screw for the bail. I was told that it would take 2-3 weeks to fix and service. I told them no problem, i don't need it until my vacation in Aug... Well needless to say my vacation came and went. Every time i stopped in it was a different excuse. (the part was on order, they just got the part and it will be done soon, ect. ect.) Three months later (no contact from the shop) I just asked for my reel back. They could not FIND my reel !! I stopped in the shop 3 or 4 times to pick up the reel that they "lost" and every time i was told the owner would call me. I hope Bill is ok and doing well. That being said a simple phone call last year would have nice. If they "lost" my reel i would have been happy to get a store credit for bait to cover the fair value of the reel. My repair tag # was 11212 .:(

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Spooled --- HELP!!

Still dealing with this mess. Thought it was fixed when I heard from Adam but shortly after, he quit. Now I STILL cant get anyone on the phone... they have 5 of my reels since December and I have nothing to fish with.

Sounds like yuo know Bill. Any way you can call him and see what the hell is going on here?

I'd REALLY appreciate any help from anyone that knows this guy or this place.

Thanks

Greg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts