BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to the OC reef today. Slow pick with out the wind to drift. Ended up with 6 Fluke and only 2 keepers. On the way in a guys pulls up a doormat in the bay. Must have been over 7 pounds. I get back to the marina and people are cleaning fish all over. Limited out in the bay and guy next door had a cooler full of flounder and a nice 29 inch spriper he caught in the middle of the day. Lalst weel I fish in the bay and the reefs do better. Today I fish the reefs and the bay does better. Seems I just can pick them this year.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
ouch that sucks.....well at least you got to go fishing!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I know your pain, Flukin' Nuts.

We always seem to be where they ain't.:confused: :mad: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried the bay behind Oc today. very slow, no keepers. At least I'm racking up points on my credit card with all the gas I'm buying feeding 450 hp of 2 stroke.

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Don't listen to all the guys on 68, half on it is bullshit! Everyones in the same boat you are! A bunch of throwbacks with a keeper or two mixed in.......The reefs have sucked so far this year, I don't know anyone catching out there right now. I gave it two days and did better in the back. You'll know when the reefs get hot, it will be a parking lot out there.......

·
Registered
20 Posts
Talked to a friend that fished the bay up near Forked River yesterday. Caught 106 Fluke and only 2 keepers. I'll agree with Flukin. we trolled the OC Reef and a few other areas today - beuatiful day and lots of life - bunker pods all over - porposes (sp) - even a school of rays - did catch a 4 ft. Thresher shark at the OC reef was the only catch of the day.

·
Registered
50 Posts
We fished the OC Reef, Avalon Shoal and ended up at SI Lump yesterday afternoon. A short one at OC Reef, nothing at Avalon Shoal.
Lots of skates, doggies and some small fluke at SI Lump, but no keepers!

Hopefully the reefs start producing soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts