BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
if you are talking about the water or the sod banks its the edge of the marsh. if you are talking about your lawn its nice grass.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i mean like people are saying i caught this at the sods and the brigantine sods are were the fish are? Were is the sods in Brig?
(I no i sound stupid as [email protected]@ but i just didnt know)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but were are the sod banks in brig? and are the banks in chelseahights also sods? i am confused!!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Originally posted by 81486:
but were are the sod banks in brig? and are the banks in chelseahights also sods? i am confused!!
Sod banks are ANY of the green, grassy, banks you see in the backwater areas....Some people refer to them as "marshes" also. Make sense?

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by 81486:
what is sods?
The waterways you see behind the Inlets,tiny backbays,sounds and tidal creeks....

Word of caution when fishing Sodbanks,watch out for the soft spots (Muddy Area's) and the edges
close to deeper water....Fish with a partner or
let someone know where you are fishing,especially if fishing at night...

Muddy Sodbank Bass

[ 05-27-2005, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Originally posted by NIGHTSTRIKES:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 81486:
what is sods?
Word of caution when fishing Sodbanks,watch out for the soft spots (Muddy Area's) and the edges
close to deeper water....Fish with a partner or
let someone know where you are fishing,especially if fishing at night...

Muddy Sodbank Bass
</font>[/QUOTE]Great advice. I now always tell someone where I am going after sinking in mud up to my chest last year. It took me a good half hour to get out & it was the middle of the night & there wasn't a sole around.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
OK, so what's the stuff called that is like sponge or cork? You can see it sometimes, when the tide goes out. You can walk on it. It has holes and channels through it that you can fall in. You can pull a snag out of it without bending the hook. Is that sod too? There's no grass on it.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
Anyone whos ever fished at CISP knows the drop off at the sod banks 100 yds in from the bridge.
One step and you are gone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts