BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... with the Federal reigistration of salt water fishermen, being mandantory by 09 I would like to know what would be an ideal or your thoughts for the sate to have one. Fees, how to obtain , boat coverage, short term license for tourists, restriction on where money goes. etc

I'll start it off to say that I would like to see it as an option of when the fresh water license is bought the salt water is added at no cost.

·
Registered
322 Posts
It'll never happen this way, but it should be as simple as this: There's no saltwater and/or freshwater fishing liscense. Just a fishing liscense. Fishing the salt is not like trout fishing, where we pay an additional charge to help with stocking.

·
Registered
8,085 Posts
Que????:)

I am all for it if it can be done where the $$$ goes back to fund education of our sport(hunting and fishing), gain better data/do better studies.

25$ year round liscense....for NJ residents

Really...it's going to happen...I would rather see NJ use the money than the feds...just my .02

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The reason that I started this thread is we need some form of guide to give the pols. without getting screwed to the wall. This is a brain storming session.

To continue, write into it the Fish & Wildlife gets all of the funds eared for enforcement and fish catch records only

·
Registered
427 Posts
I know the monies collected on our freshwater licenses goes to maintaining the hatcheries, fish stocking, etc...I even think some goes to the Green Acres fund to help purchase undeveloped land.

However, I bet the fees for a saltwater license will go into the general fund because anything our government does lately is just a money grab.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rootie, That is why we have to get together to get this bill right the first time so that it does not go into the General Fund.

Next question: How do you want the license to be assigned to charter boats & head boats? Each fisherman responsible for their own or assigned to the boat? My view assigned to the boat.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
License is overdue.

capemaychef said:
Que????:)

I am all for it if it can be done where the $$$ goes back to fund education of our sport(hunting and fishing), gain better data/do better studies.

25$ year round license....for NJ residents

Really...it's going to happen...I would rather see NJ use the money than the feds...just my .02
We should have done this years ago. We need to take the lead and get a legislator to introduce the bill with dedicated funding. By fighting a license we have hobbled F&W. If we had this money in the Treasury dedicated to F&W, then we wouldn't need to have bake sales to hire scientists for things like the fluke mess. F&W could hire enforcement to deal with the Illegal, Unlicensed and Unreported (IUU) tog fishery that is killing us.

I spend a lot of money already to fish. An extra $25 isn't going to chase me away.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anybody know what the Feds are asking for the national registration fee?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts