BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally gave saltwater fly fishing a serious attempt Sun. and ran into a full blown striper blitz behind AC at 10am with heavy boat traffic these bass didn"t care.Landed a 23in.and a 24in. on a 7wt.outfit on a abels anchovie.Then broke off a larger fish when his bliting run backlashed my spool(I know rookie mistake).I"m interested in learning much more and how to tie flys,thanks.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I"ll be there, thanks Hip.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Got Bass, Nice catch. During holiday weekend during daylight, priceless. It will sure get your blood flowing. Hope we see you at the next meeting, but it sounds like you are on your way. I am sure you will pick up some tips and you will only get better. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
GB Nice. Thanks for sharing. Ron

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
GB,
July is not the "tying season", so to speak, but ask us any questions and we'll try to help you out :D . I don't really abide to the tying season mantra, anyway. I usually tie up a few patterns that I can count on before I head out the door. I'm not good at bulk tying in the winter months. I've been doing small shrimp and crab flies lately.

Either way, the fishing only gets better when you catch 'em up on your own homemade flies!

Jim should have some great shots of blitz fly patterns in his presentation. You'll get a good idea of what to tie up for the coming months.

Oh yeah, a backlashing spool is nothing new on this board
. It's happened to me several times, and I'm supposed to know what I'm doing....

[ 07-06-2004, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: Fly Ty R ]

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
We look forward to sharing our addiction.
Welcome, and enjoy!
( Be sure NOT to tell your spin fishing friends! They will be jealous of your two handed coordination and fish catching abilities!)
See you at the next meeting

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys,I just invested in a bunch of flies and will continue to buy them for now.Next winter I"ll get into some serious tying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts