BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so heres my problem its going to rain for about 4 days straight and i was wondering if you guys can help me out telling me where bass are after that like deep,shallow up tight in cover,suppened or it wont realy matter after all those rainy days and they`ll be like thye normally they are now

thanks

tony

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
lilfishermen said:
ok so heres my problem its going to rain for about 4 days straight and i was wondering if you guys can help me out telling me where bass are after that like deep,shallow up tight in cover,suppened or it wont realy matter after all those rainy days and they`ll be like thye normally they are now

thanks

tony

Well, I'd suggest you go out tomorrow..They're gonna be alot more shallow w/ the nicer weather.. when I went Monday, they were wayyyy shallow..2-3ft of water on just a crappie slider w/ 1/8oz jighead.. they're gonna be movin' up tomorrow so get out!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah but i might be doing a buddy tournament on sunday so i kinda need to no i never fish right after rain storms i gusse i should of i ussaly fish them during or right befor they happen

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
well, just pay attention to the sky afterwards of the rain..depending on if & when it stops.. fish slowww & more so to cover

·
Registered
427 Posts
There's a lot of variables you need to answer before deciding on a strategy. What kind of body of water will you be fishing - small, large, mostly shallow, mostly deep water? If it's a lake how many feeder creeks and what size are they? Most shallow lakes will have a main channel (deeper water) but some have secondary channels.

At this point the only advice I can give you is if you are fishing shallow water with no luck, if the water is roiled up with silt from the days of rain, if the air and water temperature drops the bass will be off their feed and in all probability back into deeper water or at least hanging very close to deeper water. That would be the time to slow your retrieve down and when you think you can't retrieve it any slower, slow it down some more! If they are off their bite then try downsizing your line weight and use a rod with a little more sensitive tip. Forget crankbaits and spinnerbaits and use a jig.

If the water warms up, the bass are in the shallows and hitting anything thrown at them, well, you don't need any advice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts