BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, so far this striper season, I have put in roughly 50 hours of fishing. Two times at corsens, twice on some sod banks near the OC causeway, and once in the D-Bay on a party boat.
For my efforts? about a dozen and a half shorts to 23 inches (all but one caught on the party boat) countless blues and a just legal tog (plus some skates and toads). I have no boat, and this is my first season of serious fall run striper fishing. I have used clams for bait, as well as peanuts and mullet. Countless lures, too. This weekend I'm hoping to get my first keeper of the season. Should I try the surf, back bays, or inlet? I normally fish during the day into the night, so I'll get to try different techniques. Maybe I should give eels a shot? I haven't been chumming when using clams, if that means anything. I'm willing to do pretty much anything (no charters) to get a nice striper, not for the table, but just to prove to myslef I'm not a terrible fisherman. I'll probably stop by no bones for some advice and clam bellies.
Youd be better off emialing me because of these new spot police in town, wouldnn't want to get anybody in trouble
Any and all advice welcome!! thanks!

·
Banned
2,856 Posts
IMO beachfront + deep water + high low rig with clams = fish on
HOLD YOUR POLE
if they nibble they will return
Don't worry about plugs yet unless fish are busting!
It will happen

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Stop by are we can talk spots. Stll open every day.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Stick it out at Corsons and fish a little more at night. E-mail me if you would like specific spots at Corsons and a few others to boot. Enough fish around for everyone.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Shoot me an email. I'm not a pro, but I catch enough to keep me from getting discouraged. I fish all the spots you mention and have caught bass in all of them. Last week I took my brother in law who's never gone night fishing before. On his first cast, he caught a 34 1/2 incher.

Al

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
If no charters, how about another Party Boat out of Cape May to the rips. I've heard it's been pretty consistent fishing on weekdays as long as the weather cooperates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.