BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I've built several and it's a real easy project with the right tools. I frame it out with studs and use Cherry or birch plywood for the sides. I frame out openings behind the bar and put shelves in made out of the same plywood. The top varies. Mine has 2 inch solid Cherry, others use the same plywood as the top. The bar should be about 40 inches tall and most home bars are 8 feet long and about 24 inches wide.

You can do recessed panels by taking 5 or 6 inch strips of the same plywood and running a base board all the way around the bottom and top, then put the same strips vertically spaced evenly. Inside the panel put in cap molding.

Attach it to the floor with bolts or masonry screws and to the wall into a stud. Mine is so heavy it didn't have to be attached to the floor, just the wall.

remember when doing measurements include the width of the plywood or other sheathing (1/2 or 3/4) for you final H/W/D.

Stain and poly the whole thing and your done.

Sorry it's so vague but, it is pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I know someone who built a nice bar using plans he found on a website. If I can get it, I'll forward it to you.

[ 09-23-2004, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: sea robbin' ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.