BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
ive been looking at them for over a year and read a ton of reviews on other forums most guys love them some said on windy days the spot lock doesnt stay true to the 5 ft radius but i think im going to pull the trigger on one before the season starts.. they look sick!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey greenman what are your thoughts on how the features perform and the spotlocks 5 ft radius I think my main use would be for togging at bridges and definitely toward stripers in the shallows . I love that you can set a track and just fish

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have one and each time I use it I find another benefit. It is a unique tool.

If you have any questions let me know.

·
Registered
498 Posts
BTW if you do a Google search you will find a lot of links to instructural videos. They will give you an idea of its many uses.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Hey greenman what are your thoughts on how the features perform and the spotlocks 5 ft radius I think my main use would be for togging at bridges and definitely toward stripers in the shallows . I love that you can set a track and just fish
justinb
Staying in one spot under a bridge is possible unless the current is ripping
My main type of fishing is topwater stripers and the trolling motor is priceless
I usually come into a area hard then kill the outboard and 'drift' close to where I would like to start
Then I drop the trolling motor and cruise in real quite
The best part about the trolling motor is the amount of area you can fish quietly and the fact that you can control where you want to be
Sometimes we'll find a nest of stripers and you can sit on them with minimal noise

One down fall is my 9 year old son doesn't pay attention when he's fighting a fish and has broke 3 rods on the trolling motor so far but that is not Minn Kotas fault

·
Registered
134 Posts
I definitely can see all the advantages the motor has. Well any trolling motor but especially the I pilot I've never owned or operated a tm before. I have a 17' cc that is pretty heavy for the size at about 1200 lbs I was looking at the 80 st ipilot just wondering about the shaft size my bow isn't very far from the water and probably could get away with the 54 but would it be worth it to spent the extra ten bucks on the 60 you can just slide it up and down right?

·
Registered
498 Posts
some said on windy days the spot lock doesnt stay true to the 5 ft radius but i think im going to pull the trigger on one before the season starts.. they look sick!
That is true. I mark spots with bouys so I'll know if I'm drifting off and in a heavy wind I drift. I just bring it back near the bouy and set it again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts