BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If March 1 is a nice day I know a lot of people will be calling out sick, or using a personal day to get a shot at a 1st keeper. I'm gonna try and get out but if there are too many people I might just pack it right back up.I'll wait for a warm but rainy, overcast, snotty day to get that early one.

As mild as a winter we have had you might be luckier to hit the beach with clams or bloods and sands.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If March 1 is a nice day I know a lot of people will be calling out sick, or using a personal day to get a shot at a 1st keeper. I'm gonna try and get out but if there are too many people I might just pack it right back up.I'll wait for a warm but rainy, overcast, snotty day to get that early one.

As mild as a winter we have had you might be luckier to hit the beach with clams or bloods and sands.
I will be taking off! And Yes I might evan get stinky fingers, might dunk some clammys tday in the surf, But I cant wait to hit the bay hard with my white gotcha curly tails, full aresenal of homemade glass and no teaser!!!:wave:

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
I predict that I'll not be fishing on March 1st.

Its like the old story.

A young bull sitting on a hill with his father says, " Hey Dad, lets run down the hill and **** one of those cows."
Dad says, "I got a better idea." "Lets walk down this hill, and **** all those cows."

·
Registered
374 Posts
<16nauts and 57degrees in ventnor-That sounds like good conditions to me-The shallow bays should break 50 this week, I'll put my money on bass hittn my grubs at the bottom of the tide-which will be happening just at the right time of night thurs :thumbsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Im pumped !!! Any ideas of what to throw out early march? Top water at all or is that later like April/May? Wanted to try out some new plugs, as well as blood worms and clams for the back bay.... what do you think?

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im pumped !!! Any ideas of what to throw out early march? Top water at all or is that later like April/May? Wanted to try out some new plugs, as well as blood worms and clams for the back bay.... what do you think?
I'm thinking , jigs and bucktails, small 1/2 oz. Maybe sweetened with bloods or fishbites. Anything I fish will be slow.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm thinking, bucktales, plastic and smaller swimmers-you can get them on top if you find a warm piece of water,50+, but they are bass and alls I know about them is never say no or I know about anything-I've seen the darndest stuff happen out there-I'm puttn topwaters in my bag for thurs-

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I'm Predicting...

That somebody will walk thru my door with a keeper on March 1st no mater what the weather. The TV weatherman says that the ocean temperature is 46 degrees and a couple decent days coming up to keep the shallow mud bottoms warmed up.

The rewards are in place and ready to go so it might as well be you!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Eel Ball I wouldn't bet against you but...

It's wide open. I don't expect you to give anyone a break, but there might just be another Barner who can catch a Striper.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 28 Posts