BASS BARN banner

I predict Opening Day WILL BE A MADHOUSE!!!

4K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  Bridge Kid 
#1 ·
If March 1 is a nice day I know a lot of people will be calling out sick, or using a personal day to get a shot at a 1st keeper. I'm gonna try and get out but if there are too many people I might just pack it right back up.I'll wait for a warm but rainy, overcast, snotty day to get that early one.

As mild as a winter we have had you might be luckier to hit the beach with clams or bloods and sands.

#3 ·
If March 1 is a nice day I know a lot of people will be calling out sick, or using a personal day to get a shot at a 1st keeper. I'm gonna try and get out but if there are too many people I might just pack it right back up.I'll wait for a warm but rainy, overcast, snotty day to get that early one.

As mild as a winter we have had you might be luckier to hit the beach with clams or bloods and sands.
I will be taking off! And Yes I might evan get stinky fingers, might dunk some clammys tday in the surf, But I cant wait to hit the bay hard with my white gotcha curly tails, full aresenal of homemade glass and no teaser!!!:wave:

#6 ·
I predict that I'll not be fishing on March 1st.

Its like the old story.

A young bull sitting on a hill with his father says, " Hey Dad, lets run down the hill and **** one of those cows."
Dad says, "I got a better idea." "Lets walk down this hill, and **** all those cows."

#9 ·
Im pumped !!! Any ideas of what to throw out early march? Top water at all or is that later like April/May? Wanted to try out some new plugs, as well as blood worms and clams for the back bay.... what do you think?

#13 ·
I'm Predicting...

That somebody will walk thru my door with a keeper on March 1st no mater what the weather. The TV weatherman says that the ocean temperature is 46 degrees and a couple decent days coming up to keep the shallow mud bottoms warmed up.

The rewards are in place and ready to go so it might as well be you!

#20 ·
#17 ·
Eel Ball I wouldn't bet against you but...

It's wide open. I don't expect you to give anyone a break, but there might just be another Barner who can catch a Striper.

#22 ·
I talked with three different people today, all said they are going striper fishing up the bay as soon as the weather is good. I predict March will be a mad house.:D

#23 ·
Don't come by much before 6 am...

But I', sure I'll be up and moving by them. The clam man will be here today and the worms are wiggling. Funny but as happened last year I expect the first fish to be caught on a lure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.