BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have gone over anchoring rules/regs profesional courtesy but what about this. Anyonehave this happen, do you say anything?? Got to be the ultimate in angling rudeness/thievery.

While fishing the ICW I was not anchored up more than 5 minutes and a boat comes over after seeing me chunk some meat up and anchors about 100 yards off my stern. Best part is I come off anchor and have to move, he stays and he catches ZIPPO while I re-adjust and load up on blues.

[ 07-01-2004, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
100 yds.? That's the length of a football field! And, ICW as stated already? You seem the one with the problem. No offense intended.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jimbo

Yes you are correct that is the length of a football field,damm you're good.

I have many problems, people in my slick is just one of them.

Don't worry, I already know your posts are never intended to offend or just stir things up, you far too intelligent for that.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Dr.Bass, Thats a good distance in the intercoastal. I have had people anchor closer. Depends on how tight the spot is. I have never said anything. If they got right behind me I would.

Dont mind Jim...he is a bitter person because he knows Kerry will be the next President...LOL ;)

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Or take out a flare gun and start firing at you..LOL

·
Registered
821 Posts
Just start mixing some gas with the slick, wait a couple minutes, then touch'er off! They move Real Fast!! The initial flash is Awesome! Be sure to have your Vid Camera for entry on Funniest Home Videos!
BWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Disclaimer: This is for entertainment purposes only!

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
100 yards in the ICW is a good distance. I see boats allot closer than that. At lease you still got some blues. ;) Isn't it tuff trying to keep a slick with all the boat traffic??

·
Registered
15,280 Posts
I can't imagine trying to put a slick out in the ICW and to expect someone not to cruise through it or fish it now thats expecting a little much. There isn't that much space their to call your own.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Two thoughts, (they work for me)

1. 'Tater' Gun!!
2. Fish at night!!

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I wish people gave me 100 yards in the ICW. That's why I hate fishing there, unless it's night time.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like the tater gun or gas trick the best. Maybe I am asking a touch much, maybe not. The boat traffic does not help for sure, but it still does usually work. Maybe Mayhem is right, I should NOT be fishing during twilight.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I gave up fishing on weekends and daytime around the back bays and ICW. Only weeknights for these areas, Del. Bay on Sat and Sun, except this weekend. Building a boat blind on the duck boat this weekend. Don't leave home unless you run outta beer!!(Then have someone else go get more!!)

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I hear ya.

Just got done re-spooling some reels and put new treble hooks on all my surface lures.

Man that's painful.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Originally posted by hipkvw:
Dr.Bass, Thats a good distance in the intercoastal. I have had people anchor closer. Depends on how tight the spot is. I have never said anything. If they got right behind me I would.

Dont mind Jim...he is a bitter person because he knows Kerry will be the next President...LOL ;)
HIP, I love ya like a brother but you MUST get your prescription refilled!

Dr. Bass, chumming the ICW on 4th of july weekend ??? You were just begging for it!

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It was actually the 30th, but I think I was still asking for it. Back to the night stuff for me.

·
Registered
229 Posts
One Hundred Yards???? I would think that a chum slick would dissapate into nothing long before that, unless your pouring gallons and gallons of chum into the water. Unless he's a lot closer than that, I don't think he would benefit much. Besides, what's the big deal? There's plenty of fish for everyone, right?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts